The Best Hamburger In Pattaya!

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Re: The Best Hamburger In Pattaya!

Post by lvdkeyes »

My bf ( who doesn't normally eat burgers) had the cheeseburger at Beertopia and said it was very good.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

The beef patties come AKA and I believe are the same frozen Australian beef patties used by Richard Burk when he was at Coco's. Problem for me is they are precooked and cannot be served medium rare (my preference).
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Eating pre-ground beef cooked to only medium rare can be dangerous to your health.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Without doubt the best burgers are sold by the nice lady in Soi VC just past the Colonial bar before you get to the turn for Yensabai condo. Green coloured Cabin on the left side of the road.
Cooked fresh and piping hot as a take-away.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote:Without doubt the best burgers are sold by the nice lady in Soi VC just past the Colonial bar
I don't know if I call them the best burgers, but I've bought hamburgers from her before. For a small mom-and-pop stand they are very good. I don't know what she does, but I certainly like them. I don't know her name, so I just refer to her as "the hamburger lady." Assuming we're talking about the same stand, she's been there for years.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Jim's Burgers & Beer (from Bangkok) has a Pattaya location near Central Marina. A group of us went there and four had a beef burger and the fifth a chicken burger. Although Jim is American, the burger choices I would describe has nontraditional. 10 different burgers, you select from four different buns. Burgers are small or large, expect to pay about 350 baht for a large including fries and a soda. Short menu(salads, nachos, etc.) imported beers. Place is kinda cute, funky and small. I had a large burger, cheese, bacon, jalapeños, grilled onions, bacon. I thought it was different and tasty. Worth the drive there from Jomtien. Give it a try and form your own opinion.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Up2u wrote:you select from four different buns
A frequent dilemma we all face.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I just finished eating the cheeseburger from PattayaMeals.com. It was surprisingly good. Nothing exotic, but a really good basic burger and only 160 baht delivered hot right to your door. The potato wedges could be a bit better, though.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

RichLB wrote:The potato wedges could be a bit better, though.
If you want to include the best french fries, this article summarizes. Hamburgers and french fries seem to go hand-in-hand. Not sure where you could find the horse fat, but since lard seems to make flakier pie crust, this recipe would seem reasonable. You would have to make these yourself at home.

http://www.hungryinhogtown.com/hungry_i ... crisp.html
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

You can buy lard at the markets, but it is liquid. When you refrigerate it is becomes solid.