Deli-zza reopens - now called "Pastrami on Rye"

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Deli-zza reopens - now called "Pastrami on Rye"

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm sure many of you remember Deli-zza, the only place in Pattaya where you could get a really good deli sandwich. Quite some time back they closed. Now the restaurant has reopened and is called "Pastrami on Rye." You can eat in, take out, and they have delivery service.

I just found out about it this evening. I haven't been there yet, but it won't be long before I get there. In the meantime, everything you need to know is on their web site:

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com

They also have some items not shown on their web site menu. They serve quite a good pizza, but that too is missing from their online menu. Pizza is on a separate menu. Their web site needs a little work, but I think you'll get the idea.

Unfortunately their location map is screwed up. It places you somewhere in China.

GPS coordinates are: N 12° 53' 33.6", E 100° 52' 24.0"
Trongpai

Re: Deli-zza reopens - now called "Pastrami on Rye"

Post by Trongpai »

OMG a 'Cuban sandwich' You've not lived until you've had one. I wonder if they are even in the ballpark with authenticity. I will investigate and report.

"This southern Florida classic sandwich is loaded with salami, smoked ham, pulled pork, melted Swiss cheese and our homemade dill pickle slices. Finished on the grill top to give it a bit of a crunch"

You have to blend the mayo with mustard for a true Cuban. A few places in Florida use pulled pork but deli sliced is better.

The Cuban sandwich was invented in Florida by Cubans. You can't get one in Cuba. They are very popular in Tampa and Miami.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I found the problem with their web site's location map. There really is a restaurant with a similar Deli-zza name in China. If you click the following link, you'll get the correct map. The former Deli-zza name still shows up, but the location is correct:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Deli- ... 678b83a0c9
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Used to get Cuban sandwiches in NYC in the Cuban Chinese restaurants. Delicious.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

A group of four of us went this evening. I had the Reuben. I asked for pastrami rather than corned beef - my preference. No problem about the switch and I loved it. The others, one of whom was Trongpai, all had the Cuban sandwich and they all greatly enjoyed it. We're going to be back, and often.

Before anyone compares it to Katz's in New York, for what you can get in Thailand, Pastrami on Rye is excellent.

Now, if only someone would start serving Nathan's or Hebrew National hot dogs . . .
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Or Chicago Vienna hot dogs.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I did not really expect the Cuban Sandwich to be authentic but he nailed it. Excellent. You have to look for the place at night. The road off Jomtien road looks more like a driveway. Look for the 7-11 on the corner.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Anybody try their Philly Cheesesteak or Classic Roast Beef sandwiches? I love a good rb sandwich and Subway certainly doesn't meet my standard. Tried making my own using rb from Big C Extra but the meat is just not good quality.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:Anybody try their Philly Cheesesteak or Classic Roast Beef sandwiches?
I was there with a friend just last night. I haven't tried any of those yet, but we each tried the Cuban sandwich and we both really enjoyed it. Definite 'thumbs up' from both of us.

The owner said he will soon be introducing desserts - including real deli cheesecake. If they do that, it won't take long for them to have to widen the door before I'll be able to fit in . . .

For making roast beef sandwiches yourself, have you tried any of the meats available at Villa Market or Prime Beef (next door to Foodland on Pattaya Klang)? Also, Makro sells thin sliced frozen beef. I haven't bought any, so I don't know whether it's any good, but might be worth a try.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote:Makro sells thin sliced frozen beef. I haven't bought any, so I don't know whether it's any good, but might be worth a try.
I have purchased rb from Big C, Foodland and Villa but not Makro. Looking for something really good not just ok.