Deli-zza reopens - now called "Pastrami on Rye"

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Up2u

Re: Deli-zza reopens - now called "Pastrami on Rye"

Post by Up2u »

I had a basic American breakfast this morning. It was good; as mentioned, they have and will have some interesting breakfast items. The French Toast on the menu caught my eye.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

A group of us ate at Pastrami on Rye this evening - the old location, not the new one. We were shown the preliminary breakfast menu. By Monday more items should be introduced. More dinner items will be introduced as well.

They are open for breakfast beginning at 7:00am.

Friday, March 6 is the last day food will be served at the old location.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Maybe because it's new but the place was packed today for breakfast. They had a few tables in the new dining room and all tables were taken, inside and out. Had the ham steak breakfast which was overcooked. Will be trying the pancakes and french toast next.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:Maybe because it's new but the place was packed today
This evening we ate there for dinner. Plenty of people too. And it was just as good as ever.

By the way, on Saturday, March 14 they're going to close at 5:00pm. They're hosting a charity dinner - 50 people. They will be making food deliveries, though.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

The response has been more than anticipated. The second day they were open they ran out of pastrami. Today they ran out of buttermilk pancake mix. They will get it right with just a little time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:The response has been more than anticipated.
That is true. They were telling us they underestimated the response. They had anticipated doubling the amount of business they were getting at their original location, but the way it's working out, their customer numbers have nearly tripled - and with good reason.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

lvdkeyes wrote:The response has been more than anticipated. The second day they were open they ran out of pastrami. Today they ran out of buttermilk pancake mix. They will get it right with just a little time.
I had their pancakes this morning, very nice. They can make waffles too, so I suggested they add that to the menu.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:I suggested they add that to the menu.
Last night they told us they do intend to add several more items to their menus, but for the time being their procedure is going to be first making sure they've got their act completely together with their current menus before they start adding anything else which, in my opinion, is the right way to do it. Personally, I'm hoping they add American style hot dogs - really good hot dogs - to their menu.

They made it clear they are going to listen to suggestions. When people give them ideas for menu items, if they consider those ideas feasible for them to do, along with being able to sell enough of them to make it worth their while, don't be surprised if your wish eventually becomes true.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

As much as i would like a real Chicago-style hot dog, I don't know how they can do that since there are no good hot dogs available in Thailand.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Last week at Villa Market, Sukhumvit 11, Bangkok, I picked up some Hebrew Nationals. It's not a usual Villa Market item, there were not many and who knows if they will restock. There's a lot of Villa Markets in Bangkok and no two are identical.

Has 'Pastrami on Rye' put corned beef hash on the breakfast menu yet?

Anyone ever try something like this:http://firstwefeast.com/eat/10-awesome- ... -hot-dogs/ Can you ship perishable food items to Thailand from USA? I've had non perishable food items shipped via FedX and it was held up in Thai customs for a week.