Ta Hai

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Ta Hai

Post by lvdkeyes »

We tried a new Chinese restaurant on Chaiyapruek (sp) Road just about 50 meters from beach road in Jomtien tonight. There were four of us and we had hot and sour soup for four, some shrimp dim sum, steamed pork buns with vegetables, 2 orders of pot stickers, green beans with garlic, shrimp fried rice, hand pulled plain noodles, sweet and sour pork. We all drink water. All the food was excellent (maybe the dim sum could have been better). The service was friendly and efficient. The place is rather spartan, but nice and clean. The total bill for the four of us was 885 THB. The portions are on the smaller side which is great to afford us to have a wide variety of dishes. We all agreed we would go back.
RichLB

Re: Ta Hai

Post by RichLB »

For those who wish to explore this restaurant you might want to hang around the outside entry way and watch the cook make (from scratch) the Chinese noodles. It's a show in itself.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

And they are tasty.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

The reports on TV indicate this restaurant suddenly and permanently closed.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Gee! I hope not.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:The reports on TV indicate this restaurant suddenly and permanently closed.
I'm not sure just what the story is. This evening I passed by just after 6:00pm. The restaurant was closed, but dim lights were on inside and two men, obvious to me they were not customers, were sitting at a table, but I couldn't tell what they were doing. Around 9:00pm I passed by again. The lights were still dim and the same two men were still sitting there.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Oh well, apparently this restaurant was a flash-in-the-pan and for whatever reason quickly went belly up. I passed by this evening. Now it's empty and has a big "For Rent" sign out front.