La Terraza/Havana

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Up2u

La Terraza/Havana

Post by Up2u »

Went with friends last night specifically to eat burgers although this place features pizza, salads, soups and pasta too. My reports say the other food is also very good ( it is a restaurant of the 4* American chain Holiday Inn). The cheese burgers are 100% Australian beef, cooked to perfection the way you like, toasted sesame seed bun, served with garlic fries, onion rings (not good) and cole slaw. Price is 380 net with a 10% service charge added. My group is very particular about burgers (it's the beef!!!) and when in bkk we are always looking for the "best" burger. In Pattaya anyway, we have certainly found it!
Gaybutton

Re: La Terraza/Havana

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:In Pattaya anyway, we have certainly found it!
For the equivalent of nearly US$12 plus a service charge for a hamburger, I would hope so. What was wrong with the onion rings?

Can you tell us where this restaurant is? Is it in the Holiday Inn or somewhere else?
Up2u

Re: La Terraza/Havana

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote:For the equivalent of nearly US$12 plus a service charge for a hamburger, I would hope so. What was wrong with the onion rings?
The restaurant is on the ground floor beach entrance to the new Holiday Inn on Pattaya Beach Road. The onion rings were dry and unexciting (gave mine to a fellow diner) and we all agreed. My bill out the door was 450 baht which included the service charge. It was the most satisfying meal I have had in Pattaya in months. My last visit to America, I was paying $12 at full service restaurants which didn't measure up to this cheeseburger. The bill at El Gaucho near Terminal 21in bkk was 650 baht. The News Grill in Jomtien or Beefeaters in Central Pattaya are in the same price range but pale by comparison.

La Terraza is outside dining by beach road, behind is Havana which is enclosed and air conditioned. The menu is the same. The only negative is Havana has uncomfortable seating with low tables. Parking availability at the hotel is excellent.