Shanghai Chinese Restaurant North Pattaya

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Undaunted

Shanghai Chinese Restaurant North Pattaya

Post by Undaunted »

It is located going north on third road on the same side of the street you'll be traveling about 500 yards before Pattaya Nua.

The restaurant is clean and little English is spoken. If your expecting to find western style Chinese food such as egg foo yung, wonton soup, or an egg roll, forget it. Lucky the menu has pictures of all their dishes, the only dish that looked familiar was something like kung pao chicken. The prices were reasonable the portions were Thai sized, my friend and I were surprised at how oily each main dish was. I'm glad I gave it a try but won't be returning.
Gaybutton

Re: Shanghai Chinese Restaurant North Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:my friend and I were surprised at how oily each main dish was.
That's just like my experience in Hong Kong. No matter where we ate, the food was literally swimming in oil. That's not to my liking at all. I'll try Shanghai and judge for myself, though. If it's as you describe it will probably be my first and last time there.

Hopefully, in three or four more weeks the Chrysanthemum restaurant should reopen. I hope it is as good as reported. If not, for moderate priced Chinese food, I don't know where else to go other than either the Chow Box or just make it at home.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

On third road going toward Pattaya Nua which would be the left side of the street.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

There is Leng Kee on Pattaya Klang which has Chinese food that is better than Chow Box.

Chrysanthemum is supposed to reopen in October.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Chrysanthemum is supposed to reopen in October.
I called. It's still closed for renovation. I asked when it should reopen. Answer: "Not know."

Undaunted wrote:my friend and I were surprised at how oily each main dish was.
That's at the Shanghai restaurant, but oily - that sounds just like Hong Kong to me. Chinese food in Hong Kong is often literally, with no exaggeration, floating in oil. I couldn't eat it.