Dim Sum in Bangkok

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Trongpai

Dim Sum in Bangkok

Post by Trongpai »

I acquired a taste for dim sum on many visits to NYC's China Town. Often in tow with a foreign born Asian boy met the night before who attested to it's authenticity. I've tried many dim sum restaurants in Bangkok and could find nothing similar to my NYC experiences. That is until now.

The name of the restaurant is Sui Sian and it's on the 10th floor of the Landmark hotel on Sukhumvit. Closest BTS, Nana station. Every day they have what they call a dim sum buffet. It's really not a buffet, you pick from around 40 menu choices and each is cocked to order. I'm told the menu varies from day to day. They are open for dim sum at 11am to 2:30pm. You can order as much as you want. Hot tea comes free but other drinks are extra. Each entry is described in English on the menu.

It cost 550B per person weekdays. They add service charge and tax so it more like 640. You might consider that high for a lunch/burnch but in my opinion the quality is worth it.

We went on a weekday and did not have or need reservations. Perhaps on weekends reservations are necessary.

There's free parking in the Landmark garage. Take the front elevator that goes to the 10th floor not the hotel room elevators.

http://www.landmarkbangkok.com/sui-sian
Gaybutton

Re: Dim Sum in Bangkok

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:They are open for dim sum at 11am to 2:30pm.
I've never understood that part. Many restaurants that have dum sum serve it only during lunch hours. Why is that? I would much prefer it for dinner. In Pattaya, the only restaurant I know of that serves dim sum during dinner hours is the Canton House in the Central Festival mall.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Try Shanghai on 3rd Road just south of Pattaya Nua. They have what we call "big version" of dim sum.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Try Shanghai on 3rd Road just south of Pattaya Nua.
Thank you. I will. For me it would be much quicker and easier getting there than it is to get to Central Festival. Do they serve dim sum during dinner hours?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

yes