Casa Fellini

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
richsilver

Casa Fellini

Post by richsilver »

Yesterday I heard an unconfirmed report that Casa Fellini has opened a branch at the old Papa David's near the Hanuman Statue in Jomtien. Can anyone verify this? Will they be closing the one by the Rompo Market?

BTW, Casa Fellini has some really fine Italian food.
painai2

Re: Casa Fellini

Post by painai2 »

It is not open yet, but appears to be almost finished.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Friends had dinner there last night (Monday). It is not yet fully operational, no pizza oven or oven. The regular staff is not there and the owner's friends are filling in. They hope to be fully operational within days. We'll see.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Best pizza I've had in Pattaya, also noticed New Orleans restaurant is now changed to Malibu restaurant.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

There are additional reviews on Trip Advisor. Of course, since the Jomtien location has only recently opened, the reviews are about the city location, but I would imagine the food is the same or at least of the same quality.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant ... vince.html
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Had dinner tonight at the new location (the old Papa Davids). Two of us had pizza and were disappointed. The lady owner explained the brick oven was new and the ovens at the old locations were gas fired and the chef had a learning curve. Whatever the reasons the pizza at La Bocca is better. I have never had the pizza at the Soi 13 location. The old Rompho location will change its name although it was purchased by a cousin of the the current owners but will be run independently. Other friends have enjoyed the soups, salads, and pastas at this new restaurant but for me the pizza is a miss, hopefully it will improve. The service was good and the both the Italian and Thai staff friendly and outgoing.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

We had dinner the other night at the Pattayaland Soi 1 location.
I had the lasagne and it was served piping hot.
I let it cool down and enjoyed the tastiest lasagne I've ever had.
The best pizza around and now the best lasagne.
My friend ordered the pasta bolognese and found it better when he ordered it previously.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Anyone who has not given this restaurant a try after all the glowing reviews by myself and many others is missing one of the most consistently good moderate priced restaurants in Pattaya.

Not only that just a few steps from all the Boyztown Bars.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

They have another location in Jomtien near the Son of Hannuman statue in what used to be Papa David's.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

The new Jomtien location was very busy last night. We had a problem with the noise, the young Italian waiter refuses to lower the volume of the music after repeated requests. Dinner music should be in the background and pleasantly add to the dining experience not be a major distraction where making dinner conversation was near impossible. My preference is the BT location although we had very good food last night in Jomtien.