Meatloaf

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Meatloaf

Post by Gaybutton »

I love a good meatloaf. Now that Erich is back and will soon be cooking at the La Dolce Vita bar in Jomtien Complex, his excellent meatloaf will soon be available again.

Meanwhile, I often enjoy making it myself. I like this two-part video from YouTube:

Part 1

Part 2
lvdkeyes

Re: Meatloaf

Post by lvdkeyes »

Everyone has their own favorite meatloaf, this is mine:

Ingredients
Serves 8 to 10
• 4 slices white bread, torn into pieces
• 2 1/2 pounds ground beef (not too lean)
• 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and cut into eighths
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
• 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
• 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1 large egg
• 1 cup ketchup
• 3 teaspoons dry mustard
• 1 tablespoon coarse salt
• 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place bread in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade; pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a medium bowl, and add ground beef.
2. Place onion, garlic, celery, carrots, and parsley in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade; pulse until fine. Add to meat mixture, using hands to mix well. Add egg, 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 teaspoons dry mustard, salt, and pepper; use hands to combine thoroughly. Place in an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-by-2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
3. Combine remaining 1/2 cup ketchup, remaining teaspoon dry mustard, and brown sugar in a bowl; stir until smooth.
4. Brush mixture over meatloaf; place in the oven with a baking pan set on the rack below to catch drippings. Cook until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 160 degrees, about 90 minutes. If top gets too dark, cover with foil, and continue baking.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I used to love meatloaf sandwiches with brown gravy, always would have them at a Diner....Anyone know how to make that tasty brown gravy?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Pour the drippings from a roasted piece of meat into a large measuring cup.
Skim fat from the drippings; reserve 1/4 c. fat.
Place the de-greased drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Add enough beef broth to measure 2 cups.
Whisk the 1/4 c. fat and flour together in a medium-sized saucepan, over low heat. Cook a few moments, whisking.
Slowly whisk the 2 c. drippings and broth into the flour mixture.
Cook, whisking, over medium heat, until thick and bubbling. Cook one minute more, season with salt and pepper to taste.