Art Café - Chiang Mai

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Art Café - Chiang Mai

Post by Gaybutton »

I don't know very many restaurants in Chiang Mai. Some of you who live there or are more familiar than I might want to post about some of your own favorites.

From among the Chiang Mai restaurants I do know, one of my favorites is the Art Café. I really enjoyed both their breakfasts and their dinners. And for you American southerners, this is the only place I've ever seen in all of Thailand where you can get biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast. Next time I'm in Chiang Mai, Art Café is definitely going to be one of my stops.

http://www.artcafechiangmai.com
TOQ

Re: Art Café - Chiang Mai

Post by TOQ »

I think they need to have a Pattaya location too :)
jaafar

Post by jaafar »

There's a whole discussion of Chiang Mai restaurants on ting-tong.

But there is no shortage of excellent restaurants in The Rose of the North.

Breakfast: I think the hands-down winner is Bake and Bite, with three locations. You can actually get a REAL farang breakfast here, including such delights as sourdough rye bread.

Dinner: The House, excellent fusion. Moderately expensive.
Georgio's -- superb Italian, reservations recommended
(A surprise recommendation) Miguel's Mexican Food --- This is a great place to eat! Where else in Thailand can you get real tortilla chips with real guacamole, or superb soft tacos that will have you coming back for more? Enchiladas, burritos, fajitas --- and probably the best hamburger in Chiang Mai.
Un Ay Rak -- Northern Thai cuisine, on Sirimangkalajarn Rd, just past Soi 7 and the 7-11.

But that's just a very quick overview.
Rin

Post by Rin »

A good sushi restaurant is located on Huay Kaew road, opposite the shell petrol station up from Central Mall. I am not sure of the name, I think maybe Corner sushi? It is about half the price of the Fuji chain, yet very good.

I second the recommendation for Miguel's Mexican food, very good and about the best salsa in Thailand. Mike's in Pattaya is ok but who puts chopped carrots in salsa.