Newbie poster on recent trip

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
jomtien999

Newbie poster on recent trip

Post by jomtien999 »

Dear All,

Although I have lurking for a little while on Gaybutton and appreciating the conversation this is my first post. I recently returned home after a lengthy stay in LOS in my Na Jomtien house.

I had some fine meals at "L'Arc" in Jomtien Complex and my favourite hostess Lydia is always welcoming and gracious. The honey Duck Breast was a stand out. Dining on the outside tables there on very warm nights and observing the human traffic in the soi is a lot of fun. I also felt really comfortable and well looked after when dining solo on a few nights.

For Thai food my former regular haunt "Oley's" also in Jomtien Complex proved a bit disappointing this time - not sure what is happening there but we really missed the former, very charming hostess there (with the great shoes!)

"Preecha Seafood Restaurant" - off Sukhumvit Road, south of Pattaya was outstanding on several visits - and very popular with the Thai guys that accompanied us. Casual and fun, and we had great banter with a "lady boy" supervisor there who was known to one of our group. Our favourite dish was a steamed fish with chili, lime, fish sauce and garlic sauce. Also wonderful steamed crab which our nimble Thai friends were very quick in demolishing. Staying south of Jomtien - I also enjoyed lunches at "Glasshouse" and "The View."

On an extended trip to Bangkok with my Thai friend we so enjoyed our meals at the "Benjarong Restaurant" at the Dusit Thani that we dined there on several nights. Wonderful food and very gay-friendly staff. Also great cocktails at the Banyon Tree!

Thanks to fellow poster lvdkeyes - I have great success with several of his recipes. I so enjoy reading/trying out recipes from the members!

On this trip I have at last started to enjoy some Thai sweets/puddings which so far have eluded me - thanks to some enthusiastic Thai friends. Can I ask the list members - WHAT THAI SWEETS DO YOU LIKE? We tried some great things from the Bang Saen markets.