Enjoy Andre

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Enjoy Andre

Post by Gaybutton »

A tip-of-the hat goes to TheCornerBar for telling us about the Enjoy Andre restaurant, Belgian owned. Last night TheCornerBar joined us, making it a total of 6 of us who went to give it a try. We all enjoyed it, gave it a thumbs-up, and will be back. It's a small open air restaurant, and the food is very good and very inexpensive. Several of us tried their chalkboard special - cream of chicken soup, goulash on noodles accompanied by a small salad, and chocolate mousse for dessert. Including the water it cost all of 215 baht. Among the interesting menu items is their starters list, consisting mostly of a wide selection of croquettes. The menu also includes a good variety of Thai food choices, in case you wish to bring a young gentleman along with you.

They also have good fillet steaks with a variety of sauces available.

This is by no means a high end gourmet restaurant. It's a family style restaurant that serves good food, with good service, at very reasonable prices.

It's also very popular. Without reservations you might have trouble getting a table. They were full last night.

The contact numbers are: 089 542 3340 and 038 364 495. They also have rooms available. Their web site is: http://www.enjoy-andre.be

To find it, if you're heading down Thappraya toward the beach, if you know where Mike's Mexican restaurant is, Enjoy Andre is directly across Thappraya on Soi 6. It's about 50 feet up the soi, on the right. If you arrive by car, I suggest parking on Thappraya and walking up the soi. The soi is very narrow, with few places to park.

I spotted the following review and concur with nearly every word of it, but not quite all. The review makes it seem as if you are going to get a spectacular view of Pattaya. Not so. It's a picturesque garden restaurant, but the view of Pattaya is only from the rooms. Also the current price of the chocolate mousse is 70 baht, 10 baht more than the review states. Also, there are two different steaks, not 9. It's 9 different sauce choices. Both steaks are fillets. One is 300 grams and the other is 200 grams.

I do agree with everything else the review says:

Inexpensive Cuisine with a View

Imagine dining on an extra large veranda up on the hill over looking Pattaya. There is a place called “Enjoy Andre” restaurant and bar. It is a medium size family owned and operated business. I like family run restaurants because you get personal attention. “Enjoy Andre” is located on the way to Jomtien. It is very close to Pattaya. The exact address is 144/47 Moo 10 Thapraya Road. Tel: 038 364-495.

One of the best things about “Enjoy Andre” restaurant is that they have take out food. It seems that some local people work in Pattaya but live in Jomtien. They call in their lunch or dinner order and pick it up on their way to work or home. “Enjoy Andre” has a regular group of dinners who stop by and pick up their lunch or dinner every day.

So what is it that keeps this restaurant in business for seven years? Well, it’s the inexpensive French cuisine for one thing. You can not live on fast food very well. Living well consists of fine dining. The culinary experts of the world like to eat well but do not want to spend a lot of money, especially if they are going to eat well two or three times a day and have family at home to feed too.

“Enjoy Andre” restaurant opens at 8am and the kitchen closes at 11pm. Since they are a family owned restaurant, you can order just about anything that you can think of to eat for breakfast, lunch, diner or snack. The menu has eight salads starting at 45 Baht, six croquettes w/bread, four soups, chicken with French boiled potatoes baked, beef with eight sauces to choose, nine steaks, five specialties like duck filet, meatballs brochette w/garlic sauce, steak tar-taar, beef stew and fresh lasagna. There are nine desserts to choose and they are famous for chocolate mousse for only 60 Baht. My wife loves their Thai food because of its quality and quantity. Remember that they are a family restaurant. So call them and order what ever you want.

Stop by “Enjoy Andre” for a cup of French coffee, Irish coffee, expresso or cappuccino. Maybe, treat yourself to a snack while you visit or wait for you take home order.
What is it that keeps this small restaurant in business for seven years? It is for you to find out. Bon a petite.

http://www.pattayainfo.com/stories/inex ... -view.html
TheCornerBar

Re: Enjoy Andre

Post by TheCornerBar »

If you order one of the steaks, order it more done than you prefer. IE: if you want medium rare, order medium.
painai2

Post by painai2 »

So often steaks are a hit or miss in Pattaya (unless you go to Manhattans I suppose). At Enjoy Andre's I always enjoy the quality steak. Of course, I like my steak well done, so I am always satisfied. I've been there many times and can recommend it, if you are looking for a good steak at a very reasonable price
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

painai2 wrote:I've been there many times
And you never told us about it? Sooooo! Have you been to other restaurants you like, but we may not know about?
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

TOQ is PISSED that you posted about Enjoy Andre! It is hard enough to get in without this board's members going in droves.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

TheCornerBar wrote:TOQ is PISSED
Please convey my condolences . . .

A lot of people out there are convinced I have no taste in restaurants and they avoid anywhere I recommend. So, maybe there won't be so many people going in droves after all.
TOQ

Post by TOQ »

Oh, forgot about that aspect :)
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

The Thai bf, who is a connosieur of steaks, really did enjoy Andre both the steak and ambiance. We did get some stares from other customers whether of envy, curiosity or disgust, I know not.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:We did get some stares from other customers
Stare right back at them.