Where To Buy The Best Bread

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Undaunted

Where To Buy The Best Bread

Post by Undaunted »

Of the major supermarkets in Pattaya in my opinion Carrefour offers the best selection of breads. My favorite is Country Sour Dough!
Gaybutton

Re: Where To Buy The Best Bread

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:Carrefour offers the best selection of breads.
I think so too. If there is anywhere that offers a better and more diverse selection, I've never found it.
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

I prefer the variety in The Continental Bakery and the Dusit Thani, Pattaya Hotel bakery .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

let me tell u wrote:I prefer the variety in The Continental Bakery and the Dusit Thani, Pattaya Hotel bakery .

I think your opinion might be slanted a bit since the bakery at the Dusit is so convienent to your Penthouse there!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

In Pattaya, the Friendship market on Pattaya Tai has a good selection. There is also a fair to good selection at the Best food market on North Road (Pattaya Nua) at the Dolphin Roundabout. Both Best and Foodland carry fresh pretzels, which I've always loved since I first tried them a lifetime ago in New York. I'm somewhat surprised and disappointed that Villa Market doesn't have a much better selection than I've ever seen there, but they do have frozen items, such as English muffins, that I have not seen elsewhere. I also thought the grocery store in Central Festival would have had a much better selection, but I haven't seen anything particularly exciting in their bread department.
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

MAKRO's baker is from Carefour and is VERY good. He bakes special requests. He also has French bread, and sliced white bread, fresh, twice a day.
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

Undaunted wrote:
let me tell u wrote:I prefer the variety in The Continental Bakery and the Dusit Thani, Pattaya Hotel bakery .

I think your opinion might be slanted a bit since the bakery at the Dusit is so convienent to your Penthouse there!
That’s right undaunted right next door to yours funny enough, but what I can’t understand is at Christmas when you was invited to the Party of the Year, you said you had, had enough of dinner parties for a while, with large Numbers of people, now I can’t imagine you coming here to look for knitting patterns, so does this mean you’re getting back to what you do well, creating a fun dinner party for just a few Yes I’ll be there very soon if you are to make sure you don’t eat to much :roll:
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

let me tell u wrote: . . . now I can’t imagine you coming here to look for knitting patterns
And what's wrong with knitting patterns?

I do like fresh-baked bread, but don't dare eat it. it's bad for my body. Those days are long gone. Too many carbohydrates I can do without. I feel guilty just eating a tablespoon of rice! Fortunately, there is no dilemma as to where to buy the best, fresh vegetables, they are everywhere in Thailand!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Please excuse the post above!
let me tell u wrote:what I can’t understand is at Christmas when you was invited to the Party of the Year, you said you had, had enough of dinner parties for a while
That was only a ruse darling I was at the real Party of the year! :lol: