Maggs Restaurant in Jomtien

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
whitedesire

Maggs Restaurant in Jomtien

Post by whitedesire »

.... is a great and reasonably priced restaurant. Typically good quality English food, a good breakfast also. In the peak season, you need to book. Meat or fish along with English veg and a choice of potatoes, rhubarb crumble and custard to name a couple of things. You can get a 3 course meal for around 350 bht and even less with the specials. Run by an English couple. The staff are also brilliant. They also have a Thai menu.
Undaunted

Re: Maggs Restaurant in Jomtien

Post by Undaunted »

I would like to agree with you but as basic English food is based around under seasoned overcooked roasts, Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes and steamed veggies...If led by gunpoint, I prefer The Ritz only because it is air-conditioned. Also about 350 bht.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I have eaten at Magg's several times, both for breakfast and dinner and find the food to be quite good and the staff are very friendly and professional. I would suggest anyone to try it for himself and not rely on a post by someone who apparently has not eaten there.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:I would suggest anyone to try it for himself and not rely on a post by someone who apparently has not eaten there.
And, by word of mouth everyone I've spoken to who has eaten at Magg's has had nothing but positive comments. I haven't made it there yet, but I soon will. I do pass by Magg's very often and it is almost always busy. That tells me something. I too don't understand why someone who hasn't even eaten at a particular restaurant would want to put it down. And, by the way, I happen to enjoy British food.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

If you plan to eat at Magg's for dinner you would be wise to make a reservation. I have seen many people turned away while I was eating there because they were fully booked.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:If you plan to eat at Magg's for dinner you would be wise to make a reservation.
Good idea. The telephone numbers I have for Magg's are:

Tel 038 251 236
Mobile 081 153 4773
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

lvdkeyes wrote:I have eaten at Magg's several times, both for breakfast and dinner and find the food to be quite good and the staff are very friendly and professional. I would suggest anyone to try it for himself and not rely on a post by someone who apparently has not eaten there.
Don't put words in my mouth! I most certainly have eaten there!
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

You seem to have missed the word "apparently".
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

The bf loved the place. I was somewhat disappointed because I ordered a fish dish which was not a wise choice at an English restaurant. The waiters are oh so gay and lots of fun. For sure will return.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

windwalker wrote:I was somewhat disappointed because I ordered a fish dish which was not a wise choice at an English restaurant. The waiters are oh so gay and lots of fun. For sure will return.
Was it fish and chips? Simple Simon's I am told is good at that....In Jomtien ...No! For those quick to judge I haven't been there!