Maggs Restaurant in Jomtien

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Re: Maggs Restaurant in Jomtien

Post by lvdkeyes »

LOL, I have been to Simon's Fish and Chips (not Simple Simon) and I can confirm it is good.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

lvdkeyes wrote:LOL, I have been to Simon's Fish and Chips (not Simple Simon) and I can confirm it is good.
That is certainly more than you can confirm about the doings in Sunee Plaza....Perhaps if you tried the bar next to the corner bar that also has French food you give an opinion considering you "apparently" haven't been to Sunee for quite some time LOL!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The subject of this thread is Magg's Restaurant. If anyone wants to discuss something other than that, start a new thread. Posts about anything else and/or any further bickering posts will be deleted.

windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Undaunted wrote:
windwalker wrote:I was somewhat disappointed because I ordered a fish dish which was not a wise choice at an English restaurant. The waiters are oh so gay and lots of fun. For sure will return.
Was it fish and chips?
No, the fish was a fillet with a cream sauce which overwhelmed the fish.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I will be staying in Jomtien for 2 weeks starting Thursday and would like to try this place. I needed an address so I found this link:

http://www.livepattaya.co.uk/maggswinebar.html

It looks like they are closed on Sundays and for 4 hours in the afternoon. There are some pictures at the bottom of the site and directions. Judging from the pictures, it appears they have only 6 tables. I would like to go there at least once for breakfast and once for dinner. I do like English breakfasts, but not being English, I am not sure what English dinners are all about. If it really is overcooked meat, that would be wonderful because of a few digestive anomalies I have with meat and my recent gastric bypass operation.

I had to laugh at PeterUK's quip the other night at dinner over our discussion of gastric bypass. He called it drastic bypass. Good one, Peter.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

If you plan to go to Magg's for dinner you need to make a reservation. They are always full for dinner. So much for those who say the food is overcooked.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

The main drawback of Maggs is it is very warm, bordering on hot; the fans are not adequate to cool the place on a hot day.