Christmas Night

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
steveHadders

Christmas Night

Post by steveHadders »

I am back in Pattaya in December, and wonder if anybody has ideas for Christmas Dinner. For the last few years I have eaten on Xmas Night at Le Cafe, but thought I may change this year - any suggestions welcome......I have tried to search online to no avail.
Grimmy

Re: Christmas Night

Post by Grimmy »

I know Richard (at the old Amor) used to do a nice Christmas dinner. However, I don't know if he is offering one this year. He has however, already announced plans for a Thanksgiving meal...

Also, you might try Yorkies...or if you want to go really upscale, chi-chi style Bruno's.

:mrgreen: Grimmy
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Grimmy wrote:He has however, already announced plans for a Thanksgiving meal...
I don't know where you're getting that from. Richard has made it quite clear to me that he will not be doing a Thanksgiving dinner this year.
Grimmy

Post by Grimmy »

Gaybutton wrote:
Grimmy wrote:He has however, already announced plans for a Thanksgiving meal...
I don't know where you're getting that from. Richard has made it quite clear to me that he will not be doing a Thanksgiving dinner this year.
Gee, that's funny, Gaybutton. I got my information from you on this board!
Re: Street Life
by Gaybutton » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:15 pm

Today I spoke with Richard Burk again. The Street Life restaurant sounds better every time I talk with him. Among many other things, he has made arrangements with a baker and yes, there will be real New York Jewish rye bread. He said he has someone who lives right here in Pattaya who is from New York and he will be the person who actually makes the corned beef, pastrami, and several other items for Richard. He said this gentleman brought him a sample sandwich and Richard says it was exactly like he remembers getting in New York. There will be Reuben sandwiches, smoked turkey, hams, high quality salami, etc. The meats will also be available for sale, just like in a deli. He will also have high quality cheeses, etc. It all sure sounds promising to me.

For those of you who, as I do, love Richard's Thanksgiving dinner, he is planning to continue doing it. He said he's not sure at this point about Christmas and New Year's, but his traditional Thanksgiving dinner will still be available.

He also said they're going to start out opening at 5:00pm. If there is enough of a demand, they'll also open for lunch so people can come in to eat or can order sandwiches to take to the beach, etc.

I can hardly wait to give it a try. He says he is still planning to open at some point in early September.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Grimmy wrote:Gee, that's funny, Gaybutton. I got my information from you on this board!
Well, I have to admit you definitely got me on that one! I forgot all about that post. Unfortunately, since then he has made it clear that he will not be doing a Thanksgiving dinner this year. And I'm disappointed. I always loved his Thanksgiving dinners. Now we have to find somewhere else to go.
Grimmy

Post by Grimmy »

Gaybutton wrote:Well, I have to admit you definitely got me on that one! I forgot all about that post. Unfortunately, since then he has made it clear that he will not be doing a Thanksgiving dinner this year. And I'm disappointed. I always loved his Thanksgiving dinners. Now we have to find somewhere else to go.
Hehehe... I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass, it's just that I figured this source to be reliable! Anyhow, I am also sorry to hear he will not being doing Thanksgiving this year.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Grimmy wrote:I figured this source to be reliable!
Nobody's pferct
steveHadders

Post by steveHadders »

And whilst as a Brit Thanksgiving is not really an event I went to Amor two consecutive years for his Thanksgiving Dinner - superb evenings - a true host!
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

Yes, Amor had a very good holiday dinner.
I believe there are others in the Pattaya area who also
offer good holiday dinners. Many of the pubs do, such as Shenanigans.

And the newly refurbished Cafe Music at LeCafe Royale Hotel probably will
offer Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners - especially now that Amor is no longer.
Cafe Music is already offering special "all you can eat" dinners on special days...
about 500 baht range...maybe others will post in the latest news from Cafe Music..

Read the PG Weekly Report for updated announcements from restaurants
who may be hosting holiday dinners: http://www.pgreport.com and
http://pattayagay.blogspot.com/?zx=6095d8fc36bbc789 (click the left box to enter if it appears).

Watch the Pattaya Mail newspaper (also on line) for ads and announcements
under the happenings sections of the paper. Also the expat clubs newsletters
may offer such tips on holiday dinners.

tj
Keyvan

Come to Bangkok....

Post by Keyvan »

The Christmas night at The Balcony is always good. Roast Turkeys, Leg Ham sliced off the bone, mince pies and brandy butter, etc.etc.