Where are the Best Croissants?

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
fountainhall

Where are the Best Croissants?

Post by fountainhall »

A request. If I can start my day with a large espresso and a wonderfully flakey, light, slightly crispy, warm croissant with nice French marmalade, I am ready to tackle the day. But most of the croissants I come across are thick, stodgy lumps of something or other that taste of almost nothing. Here in Bangkok, I have searched out the elusive perfect croissant in shops and delicatessens around the city. The only ones that meet my standard are sold at the Dusit Thani Hotel's delicatessen. They are quite large but cost a whopping Bt. 60. I wonder if anyone knows anywhere else.

Also, which hotels or restaurants in Pattaya have not just good, but very good croissants? Unfortunately, most of those served at the ubiquitous breakfast buffets are either poor to start with or die by the time I make it to the restaurant. (I realise that this is not a very healthy way to start the day - and I do sometimes take fruit and bran cereal as well; but nothing beats a good croissant).
lvdkeyes

Re: Where are the Best Croissants?

Post by lvdkeyes »

I buy them at Carrefour, but you have to be sure to get the butter ones. They also sell some made with margarine and they are crap.
Undaunted

Re: Where are the Best Croissants?

Post by Undaunted »

fountainhall wrote:nothing beats a good croissant.
Had the buffet breakfast at Posiden restaurant today in Jomtien Complex at 11:30....the croissants are beautiful...and just a small part of an elegant buffet served daily from 8 am till 1pm.....165 baht!