Any fast & easy recipe for Eggs Benidict

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Undaunted

Any fast & easy recipe for Eggs Benidict

Post by Undaunted »

I love this dish...seldom see it on menues here in Pattaya maybe can be done at home?
The were seved on "English muffins".
lvdkeyes

Re: Any fast & easy recipe for Eggs Benidict

Post by lvdkeyes »

Funny you ask about this. We had eggs Benedict at home just yesterday. I bought crumpets (similar to English muffins) at Western Wholesale. It is a bit time consuming to make. You have to poach the eggs, toast the crumpets/muffins, make the Hollandaise sauce and assemble them. They used to serve them at Cafe Royale, but I don't know if they still do.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I always had Eggs Benedict with a few slices of ham or Canadian bacon. Optional?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:They used to serve them at Cafe Royale, but I don't know if they still do.
Yes, they still serve them. They had taken Eggs Benedict off their menu for several months, but now it's on the menu again.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

thaiworthy wrote:I always had Eggs Benedict with a few slices of ham or Canadian bacon. Optional?
I used Virginia ham that I bought at Western Wholesale. First the toasted crumpet, then ham, poached egg and Hollandaise sauce. I make two per serving. In the past, I have used crab meat in place of the ham. You can also put them under a broiler or flame them to give the sauce a golden color. Poaching the eggs is a pain in the ass, but you can do them ahead and keep them in cold water, and then put into hot water to re-warm them. Hollandaise is easy if you use the blender method.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Undaunted wrote:I love this dish...seldom see it on menues here in Pattaya maybe can be done at home?
The were seved on "English muffins".
There are a couple places I know of that serve Eggs Benedict. One is Cafe Royale which was previously mentioned. Another is Casa LaMar on the other side of Chaiyapruek, but I don't think they have real hollandaise sauce. And I received the following "review" in a recent email, although I have not tried them there:
They do amazing eggs benedict (actually eggs florentine with spinach and ham but they call them benedict) at Sea Falcon on Dongtan Beach. The eggs are always done to perfection, a bit runny (hard to find that here) with a bechamel sauce on top - 110 Baht I think. Too much again for breakfast but they will do at lunchtime if you ask.