Bombs in the USA

fountainhall

Bombs in the USA

Post by fountainhall »

So Trump’s reign of foul rhetoric is coming full circle with suspected bombs against former Presidents, the ‘fake’ news and several other regular targets of Trump’s tongue lashings. Despite these appalling and dreadful acts, in his speech last night he could not even bring himself to utter the names of President Clinton or President Obama, instead referring to them as “senior administration officials.”

Shame on him! Shame on those in his party who will not denounce him for what he is - a childish, petulant, calculating idiot! I except from that group of Republicans Senator Kennedy who gave a fair and very balanced view on CNN this morning. And shame on a democracy that permits incompetents like a Trump to rule over them!
Pattayamale

Re: Bombs in the USA

Post by Pattayamale »

These bombs,or explosive devices have been sent to more than just the former Presidents of the United States. They have also been mailed to donors and supporters of Democratic and liberal candidates.

As we know, Trump has encouraged violence against the media and other people at his rallies and in his tweets. Has this ever happened before?

The US form of democracy is at risk and it seems to me it is becoming just like other countries that imprison their rivals or try to kill them as is done in the Philippines or in the Saudi Arabia case will actually kill them while in their embassies without the United States strongly protesting or doing anything that sends a strong message.

Sad!!
Pattayamale
Living happily
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

The world is in crisis and there are not enough average people who realize it. Trump wants to be Emperor . Angela will not run again in Germany. What way will they tilt (likely not in a good way). Brazil just elected a right wing zealot and of course China has fallen into more of , I'm not sure what you call it. Turkey is championed by someone who acts like a Dictator. Phillipines are under a Dictator. Trump and South Korea are falling for the charm offensive from Kim who will never give up his nuclear weapons . Where are the Democracies and their supporters .

It truly is a World in Disarray !!
Pattayamale

Post by Pattayamale »

And now people riot in Paris. Yellow Vests. Claiming too much economic inequality. More disarray
Pattayamale
Living happily
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Guess who has recently been in Europe spewing his far right hate speech? None other than Steve Bannon.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

The riots in Paris are nothing to do with Trump or any other extremist politics, they just don't want to pay more tax on fuel. Bit away from the OT really.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Captain Kirk wrote:The riots in Paris are nothing to do with Trump or any other extremist politics, they just don't want to pay more tax on fuel. Bit away from the OT really.
Just wanted to update my own opinion on this as I was very much wrong. That whole fuel tax protest has been virtually forgotten and the wonderful protests continue against the political elite and their policies for the benefit of the rich. Great to see and I hope they keep it up. So much for Macron and his promise not to yield to these type of protests. The question was asked on another thread " would these protests spread to elsewhere ". Maybe not in the immediate future but such things are remembered and when the good folks of other nations finally get fed up with the greed of the super wealthy it won't take more than a nudge to begin similar proceedings in other places, particularly around Europe. Hope I'm still around to witness that.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote:the wonderful protests continue against the political elite and their policies for the benefit of the rich.
Especially for Captain Kirk:

Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Gaybutton wrote:Especially for Captain Kirk
I do share your enjoyment of George Carlin. Seen all his stuff on YouTube and I miss the old guy's wit and observations. I've told many folk in the past, if you voted for the government then don't start whining about the stuff they do. You knew they're lying before you voted, you knew they'd line their own pockets as a first priority, so suck it up.