Another Sexual Molester for the US Supreme Court?

Undaunted

Re: Another Sexual Molester for the US Supreme Court?

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:'How to Be Evasive' - by Brett Kavanagh
This asshole in all the hearings I've seen has never given a definitive answer to anything.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Michael Avenatti has just appeared on Chris Cuomo's Prime Time on CNN. He claims he has several women whom his team has thoroughly vetted and who will come forward to refute Kavanaugh's "lies". One seems to be or have been a Federal employee since she had previously been through several major background checks. This woman was both "a victim and a witness".

Avenatti claims this woman or these women will appear publicly to make their allegation against Kavanaugh "within 48 hours".

I think it's important to remind ourselves that virtually every claim Avenatti has made since he first come into the public limelight with the Stormy Daniels affair has been proved to be true.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

How has this situation gotten this far without Gloria Allred slithering into the middle of it?
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

Never mind. I just answered my own question: I just saw her on the news at the Bill Cosby sentencing hearing.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Swing wrote:I just saw her on the news at the Bill Cosby sentencing hearing.
Cosby was sentenced to 3-10 years in prison, plus a heavy fine, plus having to register as a violent sex offender. Quite a price to pay for getting laid . . .

He is 81 years old. If he is not granted bail pending appeal, then his life is probably as good as over.

I hope Harvey Weinstein is next.

And if Kavanaugh really did do the things these women are accusing him of, not that the Republican congress would give a damn, but I would hope that would be enough to prevent his appointment to the Supreme Court - a lifetime appointment - and maybe even lead to eventual disbarment and removal from being a judge in a position to be sentencing criminals if it turns out he is a criminal himself.

Unfortunately if I had to bet, I would bet that he will be confirmed and become the next US Supreme Court Justice. I hope I'm wrong and would lose that bet.

Of course, with Trump in the White House it's a "be careful what you wish for" situation in this case and just about everything else. If Kavanaugh is denied the appointment, I shudder to think what asshole Trump will nominate next. Maybe Sheriff Joe Arpaio . . .

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trump on Kavanaugh allegations

fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

The initial prepared remarks by accuser and accused to be presented to the Senate Judiciary Committee tomorrow are now appearing on CNN's website.

On first reading Dr. Ford's is elegant, specific and compelling. Judge Kavanaugh's, on the other hand, appears to have been written almost by a mix of Donald Trump and Clarence Thomas's speechwriter of 27 years ago. To be fair, only part of his testimony has so far been uploaded. But it is no rebuttal of Dr. Ford's comments, other than mentioning "false and uncorroborated accusations", "a frenzy to come up with something - anything, no matter how far- fetched or odious - that will block a vote on my nomination", "last minute smears" "grotesque and obvious character assassination" and so on.

Purely on the basis of the written word and what I have so far read, Ford's testimony is the more compelling.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/26/poli ... index.html
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/26/poli ... index.html
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:what I have so far read, Ford's testimony is the more compelling.
Again I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt that will make the slightest bit difference to the Republicans and despite all the brouhaha Kavanaugh will be confirmed. I think the USA is going to be stuck with him.

At least Trump's other fabulous appointments will be gone once Trump is gone - unless he fires them first. With Kavanaugh it's a lifetime appointment and getting rid of him would be virtually impossible.

Does anyone think the next presidential nominee will want to keep Kellyanne Conway or Sarah Sanders speaking for them?

Regarding both of them:

"From you're appearance you might be the wife of Lucifer."
- Edna May Oliver (Miss Pross), 'A Tale of Two Cities'
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Gaybutton wrote:I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt that will make the slightest bit difference to the Republicans and despite all the brouhaha Kavanaugh will be confirmed. I think the USA is going to be stuck with him.
Having seen the first 90 minutes of the Senate hearing, I have a feeling you will be wrong on this one. Dr. Ford's testimony has been powerful, moving and utterly convincing to the point where even some senators and their staffs have been crying. How Kavanaugh can overcome her testimony as given so far, I totally fail to see. I think he's toast.