A question for Trump supporters

Gaybutton

A question for Trump supporters

Post by Gaybutton »

I doubt we have many Trump supporters on this board, or at least very few who would admit to it, so this very well might be a rhetorical question:

Would you vote for Trump again?

If the answer is no, I would think the reasons are obvious.

However, if the answer is yes, I would be very interested to know why.
RichLB

Re: A question for Trump supporters

Post by RichLB »

This question opens up a dilemma I wrestle with. I have a couple acquaintances who support Trump. They are otherwise nice guys and affable. But, my belief is that Trump is a treasonous traitor I think that supporting such a man is being complicit with his crimes. So, how should I comport myself? Confronting their affinity to Trump is useless - they simply do not engage in reason or facts. Ignoring their support feels like I am diminishing the seriousness of Trump's crimes. So, how do others deal with this situation? Parallels to the rise of Nazism in the 1930s trouble me. I don't want to be one of those who just turns a blind eye to the takeover of the United States.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I have a similar situation and have decided to just not discuss politics with them.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

It's a bit early I think to be asking who folk will vote for two years from now. For many it may simply have been a case of " I hate Hillary " therefore any opponent will get the vote. Some may just vote Republican no matter what. Others may vote on whether or not he builds his stupid wall or on the economic circumstances come the election.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

It's no longer "fake facts". According to Giuliani on tv last night, "the truth isn't truth!" Make of that what you will!

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I see most (not all) of Trump's supporters as being prejudiced against anyone who is not a white street-corner protestant regardless of how they try to articulate their opinions to the press. That's the reason, and the only reason, they support a blond-haired Tony Saprano like Donald Trump. Because he is nothing more than a white supremacist and he doesn't even bother to wear sheep's clothing.

With the exception of the radical white supremacists and their hill-billy skin-head followers, the other Trump supporters prefer to hide their extreme prejudiced views as to not alienate themselves from the rest of the human race. That's the way I see it. And without a flaming idiot like Hilary on the stage for the next election Trump, or anyone like him doesn't stand a chance...not that Trump will ever make it to the stage again unless it's the type where a guy is standing there with a rope with a noose at the end.