Post by fountainhall »

. . . or his hair messed up!
Gaybutton

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Nancy Pelosi's response to the question - Will the Democrats try to impeach Trump?

I see a definite similarity to what's going on now to the events, one thing after another after another after another, that finally led up to Richard Nixon's resignation.

"It's deja vu all over again."
- Yogi Berra
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This just keeps getting better and better as Trump sinks lower and lower. CNN is suing Trump for revoking Jim Acosta's press pass.

If you missed it, here's the exchange that provoked it:

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

It is just incredible to me that Trump publicly uses this kind of language - and apparently thinks it's a riot. First it's the "shithole" countries. Now this.

Meanwhile he is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES! Doesn't that mean anything to him?

Trump tweet crudely transforms Rep. Adam Schiff’s name into vulgarity

by William Cummings, USA Today

November 18, 2018

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Twitter Sunday crudely mocked a California Democratic congressman who will likely be taking over the House Intelligence Committee next year.

"So funny to see little Adam Schitt (D-CA) talking about the fact that Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker was not approved by the Senate, but not mentioning the fact that Bob Mueller (who is highly conflicted) was not approved by the Senate!" the president said in a tweet Sunday.

Schiff has long been a thorn in Trump's side for his work related to Russian election meddling and his assertion that there is "plenty of evidence" tying Trump to their activities.

"Wow, Mr. President, that’s a good one," he replied to Trump's tweet. "Was that like your answers to Mr. Mueller’s questions, or did you write this one yourself?"

Schiff was referring to the written answers Trump said he is about to submit to a series of questions from special counsel Robert Mueller.

Trump's tweet was apparently in response to Schiff's Sunday appearance on ABC's "This Week" in which he said Trump's appointment of Matthew Whitaker to replace ousted Attorney General Jeff Sessions is "unconstitutional." Schiff said the attorney is "clearly a principal officer" in the administration and should have to be confirmed by the Senate.

Whitaker has been an outspoken critic of Mueller's investigation in the past and Democrats have cited his apparent bias against the special counsel as another reason he is unsuitable to head the Justice Department. Because of his public statements, Democrats have called for him to recuse himself from the investigation.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., has proposed tying legislation protecting Mueller from any interference by Whitaker to the next government spending bill. And outgoing Republican Sen. Jeff Flake pledged to block federal judges until such legislation is brought to the Senate for a vote.

The president seemed to imply that if Whitaker required Senate approval then so should Mueller, who was appointed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to investigate Russian election interference. But legal experts have pointed out that attorney general is a senior, Cabinet-level position, while special counsel is not and therefore not subject to the same approval process.

On Nov. 9, Trump made the same point when reporters said Whitaker had not been through the Senate process.

"Yeah, but neither has Mueller,” he said. “Excuse me, you talk about the Senate process. Mueller is doing a report. He hasn’t gone through the Senate process."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 048756002/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Ivanka Trump used personal account for emails about government business

See: https://us.cnn.com/2018/11/19/politics/ ... index.html

I wonder if we're going to hear shouts of "Lock her up" at the next Trump rally. And how about a full scale investigation along with it. Is it just my imagination or was there a certain someone trying to make a huge issue about exactly the same thing a couple years ago . . . ?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

More legal problems for the great leader. A Manhattan judge has cleared the way for Trump and his children to be sued for allegedly running his charitable foundation “in persistent violation” of state and federal law, claiming it was used as a "piggy bank" to help fund Trump's Presidential bid.

But the reason given for allowing the suit to proceed must have Trump hoping mad.
On Friday, the Manhattan supreme court justice Saliann Scarpulla found that the president was not “immune” from state lawsuits, as Trump has claimed in other litigation.

Pointing to Clinton v Jones, a 1997 US supreme court decision which permitted a sitting president to be sued, Scarpulla noted that the commander-in-chief is “subject to the laws” for unofficial acts, which would include involvement with a charity prior to taking office.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... t-new-york
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:More legal problems for the great leader.
I doubt even that will convince Trump that he is not above the law. Apparently he thinks he can do anything he wants and get away with it. I hope congressional integrity, rather than partisanship, will result in Trump's impeachment and see him forced out of office - and the sooner the better.

For quite some time I was opposed to impeaching Trump because he would be replaced by Pence. But now I think Pence would have better sense than this madman Trump.

However, one scary thought - what would things be like if Trump gets impeached, goes through the Senate trial, but he prevails?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Strange that all these presidents open up "charitable foundations". How magnanimous of them. I have my own opinion of what - or WHO - is actually their favourite charity. What's the phrase again. Charity begins at home?