Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Gaybutton

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Gaybutton »

Part of the Don Lemon-Patti Davis interview is now available on the CNN web site, although I still have been unable to find the full interview.

https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018 ... tn-vpx.cnn
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I suspect CNN is not willing to have the Hitler/Nazi reference up on their site.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

At the time of this post, the following is a headline: LIVE: Melania Trump speaks about cyberbullying

Nothing against Melania. All she really did wrong was her choice of who to marry. But I can't help thinking - other than being married to Trump, what qualifies her to speak about anything? I wonder how many people could care less about what she has to say, no matter what the subject might be, with the possible exception if the subject is divorce . . .

If she wants to speak vehemently against cyberbullying, it would be nice if she starts by speaking against her husband's constant cyberbullying. If she does, then I might be interested in what she has to say. Other than that, I'd rather watch Judge Judy.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Maybe I'm wrong. After all, I'm not a lawyer. But it sure seems to me that there are plenty of grounds for impeachment. Whether Congress has the guts to do it remains to be seen. Even if there is no impeachment, if nothing else I hope Trump has been reduced to the point at which Congress won't pay any further attention to what he wants.

Of course, the argument against impeachment is if Trump is convicted, now we would have Pence. To me, it's similar to if Russia gets rid of Stalin, now they would have Beria or if Germany gets rid of Hitler, now they would have Goring. Which is worse?

Seems to me Trump's presidency has been reduced to a constant blaming of everyone except himself and trying to weasel, unsuccessfully I might add, out of the problems he brought on to himself.

Is there actually anything that has improved due to anything Trump has done as President? Whoever the next President is, he'll have to be the one to "Make America Great Again" trying to undo the damage Trump has done.

I won't be the least bit surprised if once, one way or another, Trump is out of office, Melania will divorce him - if she can get her hands on enough of his money as a result. Maybe she'll marry Mueller or better still, become roommates with Stormy Daniels . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

One would hope he gets impeached.

Sorry if this question has been raised before, but if Trump wants to stand again, does the system allow the Republicans to put forward an alternative candidate to a sitting first term Republican president ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:does the system allow the Republicans to put forward an alternative candidate to a sitting first term Republican president ?
The short answer is yes.

While it would be unusual for a sitting president not to be his party's nominee for a second term, he still would have to win the primaries and be nominated by the political convention. If the convention nominates someone else, that person would be the presidential candidate. It is technically possible and legal for the convention to nominate someone who wasn't even running for president.

As for nominating someone other than the sitting president, that actually came close to happening twice in recent memory. It nearly happened when Ted Kennedy ran against Jimmy Carter and nearly happened when Ronald Reagan ran against Gerald Ford.

The Constitutional requirements to be President are the President must be at least 35 years old, a resident within the United States for at least 14 years, and a "natural born Citizen".

Maybe instead of Trump, the Republicans will nominate Sarah Sanders or better still, Colonel Sanders . . .

(by the way, would someone please explain to me why a word pronounced "kernel" is spelled "Colonel"?)

If I was a Republican, I know who I'd want to nominate:

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

If Donald Trump being President leaves us with the darkest period in US history - then Robert Mueller with leave us with the brightest moment.

I believe (and pray) that the Mueller Report will nail Donald's ass to the wall on everything from collusion with the Russians to money laundering, bank fraud, obstruction of justice, tax evasion and treason.

I've lost all hope for his followers.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

If anybody's security clearance should be revoked, it ought to be . . . well, I won't mention any names but the initials are D.T. - and he behaves as if he's got the DTs.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I would never have thought even Fox News would start turning on Trump, but that's exactly what's happening. They are calling out Trump's lies. Is Fox News at least partly wising up and finally seeing Trump for what he is?

To paraphrase that old lawyer joke, "Do you know how to tell when Trump is lying? Very simple - whenever his mouth opens."

It's absolutely unconscionable that Trump made a totally hollow tweet about McCain's death and it took tremendous criticism before he consented to have the White House flags lowered to half staff. It's one thing if Donald Trump obviously couldn't care less about Senator McCain's death. He's entitled to that if that's the way he feels. But it's quite another when the President of the United States behaves in that manner. Mr. Trump, will you ever figure out that the presidency is not about you?

Ok, Congress - now it's your turn. Start the impeachment proceedings! At least show some spine.

fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I guess that's Rupert Murdoch struck off the White House Guest List!