Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Gaybutton

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

It's almost too hard to keep up with all the lies Trump makes. Now we find out they are working on developing new missiles which of course they don't need if they are going to denuclearize . Of course his good friend Xi is making this possible because Kim would have no money if China kept the sanctions on. Kim is a Liar , Xi is a Liar and of course the Biggest Liar is Trump. Playing poker with anyone of the 3 would be a disaster.

Anyone who doesn't think the world is much worse off then it was 18 months ago belongs in an asylum!

https://www.dw.com/en/north-korea-devel ... a-44891063
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:It's almost too hard to keep up with all the lies Trump makes.
I'm trying the opposite approach. I'm trying to keep up with the times when Trump told the truth.

That's easy. There aren't any . . .
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Obama has endorsed 81 candidates for the 2018 midterm elections.

I wish Obama would come out more harsh and strongly against Trump. I don't understand why he doesn't.

If nothing else, I would love to hear Obama say something like, "I hate to say I told you so, but remember all those times I said Trump is unfit to be President? Well . . ."

See: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 879720002/
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Obama is embarrassed he did nothing before the election about the Russians and he lives with it every day. He thought like many others myself included that Hilary would win . He should have known better . Everyone thought Romney would win and Obama knew things that no one else did.

Now he is a member of the Old Boys Club and unfortunately he has too much class to do what no other recent Presidents have done and criticize the current President .

I am also sure on reflection he realizes what a mess he left the country in politically . His lack of realization how important it was to campaign and help State Democrats win State Houses, Governors etc is the reason we are in the mess we are in.

That is not to say I wasn't proud of him when elected and he never did anything for me to lose that Pride But?????? as a non campaigner
while in office except for himself he was a Bust.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

i have just started a fascinating book “Collusiin: Secret Meetings, Dirty Money and how Russia helped Donald Trump Win” by Luke Harding. The book opens with background to the Steele dossier. From there it highlights various elements of the report from both the Russian and American sides. It makes for riveting reading. Here is just one small excerpt about a man dismissed by Trump as someone he hardly knew.
The Russian spies, however, had one promising lead. This was a guy—an energy consultant based in New York City. Unlike the women, he was eager to help. And, it appeared, keen to make money in Moscow. There was a drawback: the source—whom the FBI called “Male-1”—was something of a dimwit . . .

Podobnyy (a Russian spy based in New York) approached the consultant at an energy symposium in New York. According to FBI court documents, the two swapped contacts. They emailed for several months. Male-1 cooperated, although he says he did not know the Russian was a spy. He even handed him documents about the energy world. This was a strange business—Kremlin officers careening around Manhattan, spycraft involving fake umbrellas, and an American intelligence source who spent more time in Moscow than his Russian handlers. Plus espionage professionals who turned out to be suffering from ennui. The American willing to provide information to Putin’s foreign intelligence officers rented a working space at 590 Madison Avenue. The building is linked by a glass atrium to a well-known New York landmark, Trump Tower. The atrium has a pleasant courtyard, with bamboo trees, where you can sit and drink coffee . . . From the atrium you can take the elevator up to the Trump Tower public garden on the fourth floor, with its sparrows and maple trees. The din from East 57th Street means the garden isn’t exactly tranquil. Or you can line up with Japanese and German tourists at the Trump Tower basement restaurant and salad bar. Failing that, there is a Starbucks on the first floor. Male-1 had a name. Few had heard of him. He was Carter Page.
Yet as Trump’s lawyers were later to point out -
You never met Mr. Trump, nor did you ever ‘advise’ Mr. Trump about anything,”
Hmmmmm!!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Good! It goes to show that just because someone, including a political appointee, is a Republican, that doesn't mean he is going to automatically support Trump or Trump's lunatic, bigoted policies. If people have to leave the USA, I wish Trump would be at the head of the line.

Now I'm waiting for Trump to tweet a put-down about this judge.

Federal judge orders Trump administration to restore DACA

CBS News, August 3, 2018

A federal judge in Washington, D.C. on Friday ordered the Trump administration to restore the program that deferred deportation for certain undocumented immigrants who came to the country as children. Judge John Bates said in a 25-page decision that the Trump administration had failed to justify the decision to end the Obama-era program known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA.

Bates called President Trump's decision in September to end the program was "arbitrary and capricious" and the Department of Homeland Security's "legal judgment" was "inadequately explained."

The judge said in his decision that he would delay his ruling for 20 days to give the government time to respond and appeal.

In April, Bates an appointee of former President George W. Bush, ruled that the decision to end DACA "was unlawful and must be set aside." Friday's ruling upheld that decision.

The Justice Department said in April that Bates' ruling "doesn't change" its position on DACA. Bates had given the federal government 90 days to offer a better legal justification for ending the program.

DACA was signed in 2012 by former President Obama to defer deportation for more than 700,000 undocumented immigrants, known as Dreamers, who were brought to the U.S. as children. Mr. Trump had given mixed signals about the program, saying at one point that "we love the Dreamers."

But in September, Attorney General Jeff Sessions ended the program, calling it an "unconstitutional" overreach of executive authority that caused great legal concern after Congress initially rejected the legislative proposals to extend similar benefits to undocumented immigrants.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/daca-judge ... 018-08-03/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Is impeachment seriously in the wind? Former Democrat Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, a man who might be a 2020 presidential candidate, supports impeachment for Trump and he by far is not alone. If the Democrats win a majority in the House in the midterm election, impeachment becomes a real possibility.

Whether impeachment actually occurs is another matter. I suspect, if it comes to that, instead of resigning as Nixon did, Trump - in all his arrogance - would probably fight it and go through the trial.

Another question would be how long would it take before anything actually happens. By the time Trump could actually be removed from office impeachment could be a moot point if it is close enough to the 2020 election.

Of course there is the consideration that if Trump is removed from office, now we're stuck with Mike Pence. If the Democrats win the House, I would not be nearly as concerned about Pence as I am now. With a Democrat majority in the House and starting to get close to the 2020 election, I doubt Pence would be able to do much harm as President.