Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Gaybutton

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:We will see if I am right after the elections
I sure hope you're right. I shudder to think of what will be next if you're not.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Regarding the immigration problem, one of the justifications the Trump people came up with for separating parents and children is the knowledge that families could be separated would significantly slow the influx of immigrants.

I have a question about that: Did it?

Did it significantly slow the influx of immigrants? I have not spotted anything in the media telling whether that actually has happened or is merely more bullshit from the Trump administration.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

I don't believe so but of course statistics come from Trump, so nothing can be believed!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I like this. After all, if Joseph and Mary, along with the infant Jesus, tried to enter the USA, they too might have ended up in cages.

An Indiana church on Tuesday placed statues of Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus inside a barricaded fence as a way to protest President Trump's immigration policies.

RTV6, a local ABC affiliate, reported that Christ Church Cathedral in Indianapolis locked up the statues as part of its "Every Family is Holy" campaign.

The ABC affiliate notes that the campaign is intended to bring awareness to and rebuke Trump's "zero tolerance" policy at the U.S.-Mexico border.

"They were a homeless family with nowhere to stay," Carlson told the news outlet of Joseph, Mary and Jesus.

"I think our faith tells us where we need to be. The fact that it's controversial isn't because I want to be controversial. What's controversial is that we're turning away from the values that should be guiding us. The point of a religious icon is to move our hearts. If at first, people are upset by it, that might just be God trying to move their hearts. I hope their hearts soften."

When asked by ABC how long the statues would remain inside the fence, Carlson responded: "How long are we going to keep detaining families indefinitely?"

The protest from Christ Church Cathedral comes about two weeks after Trump signed an executive order that stopped his administration's practice of separating families at the southern border.

But thousands of children had been separated from their families by the time the president signed the order and many lawmakers have pressed the president's administration on how parents and children will be reunited. Many have also have aimed further scrutiny on the conditions at the detention facilities migrants are being held in.

In late June, a federal judge ordered that the Trump administration must immediately move to reunify immigrant families that were separated under the administration's zero tolerance policy.

http://thehill.com/latino/395326-indian ... test-trump
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Doesn't this just bring tears to your eyes . . . ?

fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

It's a result of the extra smog, exhaust fumes, reversing the bans on the use of the pesticide chlorpyrifos in farming which affects our brains and those of kids who use it and similar bans on sulphur emissions from the gas and oil industry etc. . . . Tears will be only the first of a range of resultant effects of what this liar and corrupt member of Trump's big-business swamp has achieved.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Your Tax Dollar at Work

Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Agent Strzok response in the last 30 seconds of the second video completely makes Gohmert and Gowdy look like idiots and imbeciles.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

What a disgrace - and what a total farce! How many Americans are ashamed, as they should be. of the foul behaviour of these people (and I am so tempted to use a very different word for them)? And this form of adversarial politics is what the United States considers an example to the rest of the world?