Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Gaybutton

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I didn't think the Trump presidency could sink much lower, but apparently it hasn't hit the bottom just yet. It just keeps going lower and lower.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:Trump fires Jeff Sessions
And he did that immediately after the election. Why, what an amazing coincidence!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

"You were both wrong! And you were both right."
- Yul Brynner (Taras), 'Taras Bulba'
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Another of Trump's "I'll only appoint the best people" picks is now seen to be on dodgy ground. Matthew Whitaker, the proposed Acting Attorney General, is in hot water not only for the comments he has publicly made about the Mueller investigation, the Donald Trump meeting at Trump Tower and goodness knows what else. Forget the legality of this appointment (but isn't it interesting that the dreadful hag Kellyanne Conway's husband is leading the charge against him on that front?) Forget that he met Trump quite a few times, a "fact" which Trump now claims as lies.

Turns out this guy was a paid Board Advisor to a scam company which bilked US military veterans out of their life savings. World Patent Marketing (WPM) is a Florida-based company accused by the US government of tricking aspiring inventors out of millions of dollars. Earlier this year, it was ordered to pay authorities $26m.
Several veterans, two of them with disabilities, said they lost tens of thousands of dollars in the WPM scam, having been enticed into paying for patenting and licensing services by the impressive credentials of Whitaker and his fellow advisers. None said they dealt with Whitaker directly.

“World Patent Marketing has devastated me emotionally, mentally and financially,” Melvin Kiaaina, of Hawaii, told a federal court last year, adding that he trusted the firm with his life savings in part because it “had respected people on the board of directors”.

The 60-year-old said he was a disabled veteran US army paratrooper and paid the company in 2015 and 2016 to patent and promote his ideas for fishing equipment.

“I received nothing for the $14,085 I paid to the company, other than a bad quality drawing and logo that my grandson could have made,” he said . . .

Whitaker publicly vouched for WPM, claiming in a December 2014 statement it went “beyond making statements about doing business ‘ethically’ and translate[d] those words into action”.

He said: “I would only align myself with a first-class organisation.”

But customers reported to authorities that they had been treated unethically by a company that, beneath its glossy marketing pamphlets, was a shabby operation.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... l-wpm-scam
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:Turns out this guy was a paid Board Advisor to a scam company which bilked US military veterans out of their life savings. World Patent Marketing (WPM) is a Florida-based company accused by the US government of tricking aspiring inventors out of millions of dollars. Earlier this year, it was ordered to pay authorities $26m.
Why am I not surprised? It is obvious to any idiot (except the idiots who support Trump no matter what) that the reason Trump wants him is because he has made it clear he wants to halt the Meuller investigation. He even said how he would do it. He will simply cut the funding for it.

For some strange reason, I'm thinking about Richard Nixon.

Which is it, Mr. Trump, America first or you first? The answer to that question seems perfectly clear to me.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Trump Snubs American WW1 War Dead

In an extraordinary diplomatic gaffe, Trump yesterday decided not to pay his scheduled visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery where American and French troops repelled the Germans in 1918. At a time when Angela Merkel and Emmanuel Macron were standing in the rain with hands clasped after laying a wreath at a solemn ceremony at the Compiègne World War 1 Memorial outside Paris, Trump cancelled his trip to the American Cemetery - because it was raining!

Nicolas Burns, the senior American diplomat who served both Republican and Democratic presidents, called that choice “astonishing”. Burns took to twitter

Burns, a former ambassador, committed his thoughts to Twitter.
“Did the President really not visit the American military cemetery today in France?” he asked. “It is his duty to honor our soldiers who fought in 1917-18.”
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:Trump cancelled his trip to the American Cemetery - because it was raining!
Well we certainly wouldn't want our beloved president to catch a cold or get his shoes wet . . .