The Royal Wedding

Undaunted

The Royal Wedding

Post by Undaunted »

I had no intention to watch any of it simply because I am not interested, having said that while channel surfing I came across the ceremony and there was the usual stiff church atmosphere one would expect at a royal wedding however, an African American bishop spoke with animated fire and brimstone which is common in black churches, well I wish you could have seen the expression on the face of the queen and prince Phillip. :o
"The times they are a changing".
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: The Royal Wedding

Post by Gaybutton »

If anyone missed it or wants to see it again, here is the sermon:

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Thanks GB for finding this video......the looks on the faces of people in the church was pricless!!!!
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

The one thing I am sure on is that Harry and Meghan had an idea . They will not be the typical Royals and good for them . I met Harry once before he left for his first tour in Afghanistan . He was a nice enough kid at 22 and apparently has grown up to be a fine man. It was certainly a much more laid back Royal Wedding then normal.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

firecat69 wrote:I met Harry once before he left for his first tour in Afghanistan.
Hmm, I've met many English Queens.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Is it over yet? Can I come out now?
Doug

Post by Doug »

The wedding was spectactula and Windsor, in every shot, looked postcard beautiful. The exciting atmosphere of the event is summed up in the shot of one the the Canadian twin page boys as his mouth dropped open when the trumpets blared and he realized the momentous event he was involved in.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I watched the wedding and expected to be bored. Like Doug I found it all spectacular outside in the amazing sunshine and even quite fascinating inside. So much tradition and yet so much that was totally new and almost revolutionary given the stuffiness of the British aristocracy. Loved the Chicago preacher livening up the proceedings, the gospel choir and that wonderfully talented mixed-race teenage cellist who played with all the easy assurance of a Yo-Yo Ma. When Kiri Te Kanawa sang at Prince Charles' first wedding, she ended up a Dame within a few years. So I expect we'll see a knighthood conferred on that young man in due course.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

I watched it all. It was a beautiful day, despite the best efforts of Victoria "Maleficent" Beckham to summon the dark forces of the underworld. What is that bitch's problem? Has anyone ever seen her smile? And her husband seems so nice!
odd

Post by odd »

Could not agree more