The Royal Wedding

windwalker

Re: The Royal Wedding

Post by windwalker »

The bishop's rant, I mean sermon, gave me time for a toilet break and to prepare a meal. :twisted:
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

windwalker wrote:The bishop's rant, I mean sermon, gave me time for a toilet break and to prepare a meal. :twisted:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Here's my favorite fire and brimstone sermon (from 'Paint Your Wagon')

thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Once a scrubber, always a scrubber, despite her posh name.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

thewayhelooks wrote:Once a scrubber, always a scrubber, despite her posh name.
Meaning just what?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

windwalker wrote:
thewayhelooks wrote:Once a scrubber, always a scrubber, despite her posh name.
Meaning just what?
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=scrubber
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Yes, I understand "scrubber" but to whom is he referring? That is a question for thewayhelooks.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Captain Swing wrote:I watched it all. It was a beautiful day, despite the best efforts of Victoria "Maleficent" Beckham to summon the dark forces of the underworld. What is that bitch's problem? Has anyone ever seen her smile? And her husband seems so nice!
Well Becks could certainly play football, however I still have difficulty with the idea of people with tattoos on the neck, even if they are otherwise good characters.

One could not imagine many family members at the event with tattoos. One thing they get right.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

Jun wrote:One could not imagine many family members at the event with tattoos. One thing they get right.
I agree with your distaste for tattoos, especially those as egregious as Beckham's, but I somehow like him anyway, Maybe I feel sorry for him, married to that wretch and probably afraid to leave her. They have a bunch of apparently appealing kids too. Evidently the Royals are OK with tattoos too; I read that tattoos are acceptable at Royal Ascot, which has a very strict dress code. And the Royals in the past had members in the Navy, where tattoos are something of a tradition. (I write all this as an American who probably has no idea what he's talking about). Besides, they had more important issues to overcome at the wedding than Beckham's tattoos.