UFOs Once Again

RichLB

UFOs Once Again

Post by RichLB »

I know, I know. We've discussed this topic to death, but in the hopes there are still a few who haven't closed their minds to the subject I'd like to recommend Ancient Aliens S13e01 The UFO Conspiracy. The program doesn't focus on blurry images, questionable interpretations of ancient artifacts, or eye witness testimonies. What it does do is provide official documentation of governmental investigations and an overview of the history of UFOology.
Undaunted

Re: UFOs Once Again

Post by Undaunted »

Why am I not suprised, this is the perfect topic to follow electric razors and rising wine prices. Lol.......
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB and fountainhall - before submitting your topics, you both must have forgotten to first check with Undaunted to make sure it meets his approval . . .
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Ok, for the sake of argument, suppose every word in those documents is true and correct. Suppose aliens have been here and/or are here now. Suppose every government in the world aware of them, for whatever reasons, have managed to keep it a secret. Suppose the aliens themselves, for whatever their reasons might be, don't want their presence to be obvious.

So what? Then how does simply acknowledging their past or current presence on Earth mean anything? I doubt they've had a delegation meeting secretly at the White House with Trump. If they really are here, the fact that they are not overtly helping or harming makes their presence mean nothing.

RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote:So what?
Again, if they are (or were) here we don't know if they are overtly helping or harming. If fact, charting the rate of technological achievements shows an unexplained spike following the 1947 incident (fiber optics, transistors, metallurgical advances, etc) which did not follow the previous pattern of scientific progression. Trying to guess the motivations of any alien entity is like attributing motives to ant colonies. I have noticed that those who discount the possibility of alien visitations have never provided any alternative explanations for the mountains of extensive research conducted by both governmental and private researchers. After viewing the cited program I can't imagine how anyone can shrug off the evidence as merely crackpot musings or claim the documents are "fake news". Perhaps we have lived in the era of Trumpism too long and facts are replaced by derisive mouthings.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:I have noticed that those who discount the possibility of alien visitations have never provided any alternative explanations
I see. Now I understand. Because no one has come up with explanations, therefore it must be aliens.

Another question - How come in most movies and documentaries I've seen, intelligent aliens usually at least vaguely resemble humans and almost never wear clothes? Can't aliens ever resemble giraffes?
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote: I see. Now I understand. Because no one has come up with explanations, therefore it must be aliens.

Another question - How come in most movies and documentaries I've seen, intelligent aliens usually at least vaguely resemble humans and almost never wear clothes? Can't aliens ever resemble giraffes?
To your first question, I think aliens are an easier explanation than the alternative of time travel (which has also been posited). I'd be interested to hear of another theory to explain these phenomena.
And to your second question. I'd guess it's a question of marketing. It's a lot easier to sell humanoid creatures than blobs of goo or whatever form alien creatures might take. Of course it's likely that evolution has created a somewhat workable model of what intelligent life might need - two arms, two legs, sensory organs located in the head next to a brain, etc. If so, why wouldn't life which has evolved on another planet follow the same model.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:aliens are an easier explanation
And again - even if that is the correct explanation and aliens are here, so what?

As long as they don't interfere with me and my "A-List" young gents, fine with me. Welcome to Earth.

If aliens really made whatever effort it took to come here from wherever, if they're looking for who is in charge and discover it's Trump, if they are truly intelligent they're going to turn around - quickly - and go right back to where they came from, and tell their colleagues they had better look for someplace else.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Or maybe just destroy the earth to put us out of our misery. A kindness really.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thewayhelooks wrote:Or maybe just destroy the earth to put us out of our misery.
We don't need aliens for that. We seem to be doing a very good job of it ourselves.