Visiting north of Manila

Uranus
Liked: 3 times

#1 Visiting north of Manila

Postby Uranus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:17 pm

I’m contemplating a visit to the Philippines after a two decades absence. Any good suggestions north of Manila?

GWMinUS
Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 12 times

#2 Re: Visiting north of Manila

Postby GWMinUS » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:16 am

We should move this to the Philippines Section.
But I can give you many suggestions.
GWMinUSA

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 484 times

#3 Re: Visiting north of Manila

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:18 am

GWMinUS wrote:We should move this to the Philippines Section.

That would be a good idea except for one little thing - I don't have a Philippines Section.

If you're about to post about the gay activities there, then I might move it to the "Gay World" forum.

Of course if it's all money boys, maybe it ought to to "Business Recommendations" . . .

GWMinUS

#4 Re: Visiting north of Manila

Postby GWMinUS » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:45 am

OH,I am sorry. You did post in the Everything Else Section.
So here goes...
The main tourist attraction North of Manila is Baguio (The Summer Capital of PH) and the amazing Rice Fields also in Benguet. The best time to visit Baguio is during one of the Festivals. And hopefully one featuring the Native Peoples with their dress and dancing!! I think the main Flower Festival is over but check PH tour sites for other event. Baguio is up in the mountains, so much cooler. but the Elevation is at 5,000 FT Above Sea Level. Hope you do not have a lung problem like I do now. The easiest way to get to Baguio from Manila is flying. But the much less expensive way is taking the Victory Liner Bus.
We stayed at the Burnham Suites. Great hotel, right across from the Park, and an excellent Restaurant.

The Rice Fields are one of the World Heritage Sites. However they are on the other side of the mountains in a Valley. It took us 2 hours to drive there. And it requires walking up and down the hillsides. Sill beautiful to see. Oh and be sure to go to the Strawberry fields!

Another place you might want to visit is the Hundred Islands National Recreation Area. It is much closer to Manila. I have not been there, but my Filipino friends say it is also worth a visit. There are many islands and you can hire a boat to take you out for the day. Stop at some, swim, climb to the top of the island, and then travel on to the next Island.

So check both and ask any questions you might have.
INGAT or TAKE CARE!!
GWMinUSA

Undaunted
Liked: 10 times
Been liked: 172 times

#5 Re: Visiting north of Manila

Postby Undaunted » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:10 am

I was in Baguio some years ago during the flower festival it was lovely and the evenings were actually cold, visited the few gay venues which were less than great.......No flights from Manila at that time the bus took 8 hours.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

GWMinUS

#6 Re: Visiting north of Manila

Postby GWMinUS » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Yes, the famous Carrot Man!!
And the Native Men are so hot!! Some are a little beefy but still handsome!
My trip to Baguio was many years ago.
Too bad the only way to get there now is the bus...

Return to “Everything Else”