Florida High School Shooting and Gun Control

firecat69

Re: Florida High School Shooting and Gun Control

Post by firecat69 »

Gaybutton wrote:One thing about the exalted Second Amendment. It guarantees the right to bear arms. Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't say anything about what kind of arms. And since it doesn't, there is nothing constitutional to stand in the way of banning these assault weapons from civilian possession and use.
It actually is settled Law and the most Conservative Justice Scalia and the court recognized that there are limits to the 2nd Amendment. Problem is the NRA fails to recognize even the Supreme Court.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_ ... _v._Heller
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:Problem is the NRA fails to recognize even the Supreme Court.
Why am I not surprised? I wonder if these people will ever get a clue that the very term assault weapon perfectly describes the one and only use for such weapons. And the wrong people always seem to manage to get their hands on them - with, of course, the full blessings and approval of the NRA.

The "NRA lady" said Nikolas Cruz should never have been able to buy an assault weapon. Neither should anyone else, especially her. I wonder what kinds of weapons she owns and how many she has.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Think the Kids are not making a difference? 610 stores in 47 states.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/busi ... ifles.html
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:610 stores in 47 states.
I never thought I'd live to see the day when gun stores themselves would stop carrying assault weapons. Those kids are fantastic. Are high school kids eligible for a collective Nobel Peace Prize?
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Now Walmart steps up. Pressure continues to build ! Not as good as Dicks but step in right direction.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/28/news/co ... index.html
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:Pressure continues to build
Excellent! If legislators are too cowardly and afraid of losing their precious NRA money, it restores my faith to see that at least some major firearms outlets are doing things on their own.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:Welcome to Trump's America.
Ah yes - and let's not forget other heartwarming American institutions - such as the Ku Klux Klan . . .

Unfortunately, "Trump's America" is nothing new. America was like that long before Trump was ever even heard of.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

So if the rotten Governor of Florida signs it , the kids will have made a difference in Florida. The age was raised to 21 for all guns and a 3 day waiting period was instituted for all purchases. The kids will continue to demand more and the March 24 March on DC is looking bigger and bigger.

The kids will be out in force during Florida elections to unseat the politicians who were afraid to do more.

Hope they can keep up the pressure and throw Republican Lap Dogs to the NRA out of office!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:Hope they can keep up the pressure and throw Republican Lap Dogs to the NRA out of office!
And I hope the first one to be evicted from office will be Marco Rubio.

I'd like to see sales at gun shows have to meet background check requirements, along with other requirements gun shops have to meet - and no assault weapons allowed at all. Better still, ban gun shows.