Great Olympic Skating: Shame on True Visions

Up2u

Re: Great Olympic Skating: Shame on True Visions

Post by Up2u »

fountainhall wrote:When I brought up the issue of Hanyu's trainer being openly gay.....
I didn't know Brian Orser was gay. He coaches Hanyu and Xavier Fernandez(bronze medal).
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Keep an eye out for world junior champion Vietnamese Canadian Nam Nguyen, another cutie at 19. Hopefully he will make it to Beijing in 2022. By the way, Yuzuru hasn't been a teenager for four years. He's a grand old man of 23.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

Shoma Uno or, as I like to think of him, the future Shoma Uno-Swing.

https://ibb.co/dov7J7

How do I post so that the actual picture shows up here and not the link??
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Hanyu still acts as though he were a teenager - sometimes as a rather gay teenager! There's a short video of the three skaters where Hanyu cries on Hernandez' shoulder! I prefer his skating over both Chen and Uno partly because it appears more effortlessly fluid and his body is better proportioned. Being taller he has longer and thus slimmer legs even with those muscles. Both of the others have thicker leg muscles which for me spoils the aesthetic a bit despite their huge talents.

Hanyu must be doubly happy. Not only did he win the Gold, it was the 1,000th Gold since the start of the Winter Olympics.
Captain Swing wrote:How do I post so that the actual picture shows up here and not the link??
When you click on the picture you will see on the bottom left "Embed Codes". Click on that, then click somewhere on the third line - the first of the BBCodes. This will automatically scan the code. All you have to do then is "Copy" on your keyboard and "Paste" in to your post.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

I think it worked. Thank you.
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

I just watched yesterday's medal ceremony; I didn't realize until then just how small Uno is. He looked like a ten year old wearing his father's coat. Couldn't they have made one in his size? Anyway, I'm beginning to feel just slightly like a degenerate.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Shoma Uno, also known as the Pocket Rocket. 1.59m or 5ft 2in.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

He has a beautiful face. I wonder, though, if his lack of height will make it more difficult for him as his career progresses. He is 12 cms shorter than Hanyu, yet 2 kgs heavier. Heck, what do I know? Just seeing all those amazingly cute Asian skaters is a joy.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

All these guys are small, Hanyu might qualify as average height even for a Japanese. Here is Nathan standing next to Stephen Curry of the Warriors who is probably the team's smallest player.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Natha ... QM4T9WCYbM:
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Here's that photo -

Nathan Chen with Stephen Curry - Photo: Yuki Saegusa

I haven't noticed Stephen Curry doing any Quad Spins, though ;) ;) (Irreverent thought: how do you manage 69 with that height difference?) :o

On subjects anatomical, the huge Planet Hanyu blog (just one of many devoted to the skater - another is titled "yuzusorbet") has 2,673 pages and includes a discussion on his butt. Like his legs it seems in perfect proportion to the rest of his body - i.e. very cute!!

Photo: imageproxy