China Fails to Keep Its Word

Gaybutton

Re: China Fails to Keep Its Word

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:I believe that question has already been answered.
It hasn't been answered to my satisfaction, not that my satisfaction means anything. But I fail to see the point of voting to impose sanctions if you're not going to enforce them fully - and that goes for the USA and any other UN member nation failing to enforce sanctions against North Korea or anywhere else.

So much of it seems like a load of bullshit to me. And it also seems to me the wrong people all too often manage to get into positions of power, and that definitely applies to the USA, especially now.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

FH

You are nothing if not consistent . Of all things I posted the only thing you replied to is some balderdash about Hong Kong under colonial times. Who cares? Certainly not a tourist, which I was, and which my feelings were about not as a resident or a Sex Tourist. Just how the city felt to me when it was not controlled by the Communists. Evidently a word you hate because you never reply to anything about the Communists. The lack of freedom to do what they want with the money the Communists have so generously let them work their asses off for.

Never a comment about the great economic engine of the Communists failing to create or invent anything in the last 40 years unless it came from stolen intellectual property.

Never a mention about them being so cheap in helping out in world disasters even in their sphere of influence such as Thailand or Nepal etc. Little countries like France and Italy do more then the great Communist Economic Power. They have to spend their money on empty buildings to keep the engine going so the people don't realize what could happen at any moment .
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I love the way firecat69, in his posts, simply cannot think outside an extremely narrow box, even when he admits he knows little of what he states and those very statements are frequently so outrageous he then has to admit some are not after all factual. He admits he knows virtually nothing about China. As i stated in a much earlier post, I refuse to try and hold a rational debate with him on issues involving China. I made the mistake of reopening a dialogue here. I will not make that mistake again. You have the floor to yourself on this one, firecat69. Enjoy!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gents, I remind you the rules here are to stick to the issue itself. Please don't start getting personal with each other. I don't want to start deleting posts.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Gaybutton wrote: I fail to see the point of voting to impose sanctions if you're not going to enforce them fully - and that goes for the USA and any other UN member nation failing to enforce sanctions against North Korea or anywhere else.
I completely agree. However I guess we have to accept that there will always be rogue companies and individuals who want to make a fast buck and who are able to get round official government policies. I also think we have to accept the point made earlier in another thread by another poster that most countries will to a large extent look out for their own interests. No doubt some officials turn the occasional blind eye, especially when large brown envelopes are handed over. Hasn’t that been the way of the world for millennia, sometimes even in times of war?
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Convenient that when you have no answers for my points you choose to withdraw . By the way in no way did I admit I was wrong about anything. Wishful thinking I guess?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

firecat69 wrote:Another one of my problems with the Communists in China which should hit closer to home. Who steps up when there are natural disasters? Certainly not the 2nd biggest economic power in the world. Here is just one example of the joke aid provided to Thailand after the Tsunami by the world .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4145259.stm
For the record, Communist China was the 5th biggest economy in 2005 on par with countries like France and Italy whose contributions were similar. Nobody here is disputing the benefits of capitalism and freedom versus communism. My brother-in-law, an international business man, noted that when Hong Kong sovereignty was returned, that Hong Kong would change China more than China changing HK. Economically he was right on the mark.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Up2u wrote:My brother-in-law, an international business man, noted that when Hong Kong sovereignty was returned, that Hong Kong would change China more than China changing HK. Economically he was right on the mark.
That was a view held by many. It is also believed it was the reason Deng Xiao-ping proposed during the 1982-1984 Sino-British negotiations that Hong Kong retain many of its own institutions for a period of 50 years after 1997. His economic reforms at that time were being largely bankrolled by Hong Kong money. He foresaw that after the 50-year period China would in many ways be far closer to Hong Kong than the other way around. We are only at the 20 year mark.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Up2u wrote:
firecat69 wrote:Another one of my problems with the Communists in China which should hit closer to home. Who steps up when there are natural disasters? Certainly not the 2nd biggest economic power in the world. Here is just one example of the joke aid provided to Thailand after the Tsunami by the world .

For the record, Communist China was the 5th biggest economy in 2005 on par with countries like France and Italy whose contributions were similar. Nobody here is disputing the benefits of capitalism and freedom versus communism. My brother-in-law, an international business man, noted that when Hong Kong sovereignty was returned, that Hong Kong would change China more than China changing HK. Economically he was right on the mark.
Possibly your research needs to be better? They were number 2 (European Union hardly qualifies as a country ) and over 4x the size of France. Take a new look at their meager contributions which they continue to make for any disaster in the world . Communists don't like to share their money!

https://photius.com/rankings/economy/gdp_2005_0.html
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

firecat69 wrote:
Up2u wrote:

Possibly your research needs to be better? They were number 2 (European Union hardly qualifies as a country ) and over 4x the size of France. Take a new look at their meager contributions which they continue to make for any disaster in the world . Communists don't like to share their money!

https://photius.com/rankings/economy/gdp_2005_0.html
Wikipedia was my source, China number 5 by gdp, almost tied with France (6th), and Canada (8th) a gdp 1/13th that of USA (#1) gave a disproportionately higher amount if any of this is that important.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... orical_GDP