China is Laughing at the USA

firecat69
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

#1 China is Laughing at the USA

Postby firecat69 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:28 pm

China provided some useless pomp and circumstance for Idiot Trump and then watched as Asia moved closer to them and along the way picked the pocket of the USA with the Asian Countries by putting tough tariffs on US imports such as Beef.

When will the 34% of the Idiots who voted for this Dunce admit how wrong they were? Do we have to wait until he starts a Nuclear War ?

Anyone who continues to support this fool is a Fool themselves.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Been liked: 414 times

#2 Re: China is Laughing at the USA

Postby Gaybutton » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 pm

firecat69 wrote:When will the 34% of the Idiots who voted for this Dunce admit how wrong they were?

I doubt they will ever say they were wrong. The best I think they might do is say they believed in what Trump promised he would do, but instead of delivering on his promises, he betrayed them and doesn't live up to their expectations.

They might see Trump's failures as betrayal. I see it as "Thank God." But I can't see how anyone, even his staunchest supporters, can still be saying he's a wonderful president and they're delighted with him. Unfortunately, the one staunch Trump supporter we had on this board no longer posts here, but I wonder if he still sees Trump now the way he did a year ago.

I can't help but repeat my rhetorical question: How would you like to be a future history teacher, trying to explain Trump to your class ?

lukylok
Been liked: 1 time

#3 Re: China is Laughing at the USA

Postby lukylok » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 am

If you are a history teacher, to explain Trump, you will have to explain US society.

And if you are a citizen of the USA, that will call for a lot of humility to recognize the truth.
He still represents 35% of the people....

And they are bigots, racists, white supremacists, ......

fountainhall
Liked: 75 times
Been liked: 231 times

#4 Re: China is Laughing at the USA

Postby fountainhall » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 am

I agree with firecat's premise! The Chinese played Trump as they would with a pet cat. They know he adores being flattered, and they flattered him bigger than ever.

One of Trump's first actions was to get out of the Trans Pacific Partnership. This has the objective of reducing and eliminating tariff barriers between the 12 nations intended to be part of the TPP. I suspect the Trump regime assumed the TPP would collapse without it. That now seems unlikely as Australia has led the movement to resurrect it. But by quitting the TPP, Trump handed the initiative directly from the USA to China as, apart from Japan, all the other economies have said they wish to continue with a revised TPP. Even without the USA and Japan, countries in a revised TPP will still have vastly more consumers than the EU. I am sure the original version had its flaws as well as its benefits, but had the USA remained as part of agreement, tariffs on almost all US agricultural products would have immediately been eliminated immediately by all TPP countries! I wonder what those in his mid-west base would think about that - if they were ever aware of it!

By withdrawing from internationalisation into his "America First" policy, Trump has handed another 'trump' (oops) card to China. China is pressing ahead with its "Belt and Road" initiative to bridge the infrastructure gap and the enhance economic cooperation between countries on the "road" = essentially the old Silk Road countries stretching though Central Asia, West Asia, the Middle East and Europe with a side track to South Asia. The initiative calls for the integration of the region into a cohesive economic area through building infrastructure, increasing cultural exchanges, and broadening trade.

By believing he can do a deal directly with China without having to bother with others in a partnership, Trump shows he has little clue how Asia now works economically. He may well get some gains, but he will lose out on much, much more. China knows where it is going decades into the future. Trump is making things up as he goes along.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Been liked: 414 times

#5 Re: China is Laughing at the USA

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:37 pm

fountainhall wrote:Trump shows he has little clue how Asia now works economically.

I don't see much of anything Trump does have a clue about. As far as I can tell, Trump's primary interest as president is simply his ego trip.

Everything is always everybody else's fault or everybody else's wrongdoing - but never his own.

I'm hoping that by the next presidential election, the USA somehow manages to at least simply survive until then - but I'm not taking any bets.

Return to “Everything Else”