1) All straight money boys are tops.
2) All fem boys are bottoms
3) All ladyboys are bottoms

Anymore?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
thaiworthy

Re: Common Misconceptions....

Post by thaiworthy »

Undaunted wrote:1) All straight money boys are tops.
Another interesting subject, Undaunted. I suppose there are common misconceptions. If one were to assume that the traditional roles are carried out, I would surely ask the money boy first, which he prefers. I assume by straight, you also mean masculine. That may be the traditional image of a straight guy.

I consider myself versatile. But I must say this: Suppose I liked straight masculine men, the concept of topping him would kill all his masculinity in an instant. Personally, I cannot understand how anyone who has appreciated that masculinity in his chosen partner to suddenly switch roles. Men are men. They fuck. If he's not going to top, he's not a man, he's a lady as far as I'm concerned. That thing between his legs isn't there for me to ignore that way-- quite frankly. At least for me it isn't.

Conversely for a femme, who is not a bottom I would think as well, but that is not an image I am comfortable with personally and I have no experience with that.

Leave it to me to spill the beans on a deeply personal subject. But I have encountered a majority of farang who like to top femme boys.

Surely, there is wide disparity in the preferences of some farang. If it works for you, fine. Certainly with #2 and #3 in your list.

BUT, let's look at the first example, if I can be judgmental for a moment, I would have to say someone topping a straight guy could just be on one huge unprincipled dominance trip. This is how it appears to me. Fucking a straight boy is painful for him if he does not appreciate it. And I would like my own partners to be satisfied, not humiliated or hurt. It seems to me his sexual identity could be violated and to some who are so desperate for money-- a somewhat despicable act. That's the real issue and the only one among the three that truly concerns me.

I like Thai boys and I want them to be happy.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

thaiworthy wrote: I have encountered a majority of farang who like to top femme boys..
Some on another forum spend a lot of time confirming they will only top straight guys - and they love it!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

thaiworthy wrote: . BUT, let's look at the first example, if I can be judgmental for a moment, I would have to say someone topping a straight guy could just be on one huge unprincipled dominance trip. This is how it appears to me. Fucking a straight boy is painful for him if he does not appreciate it. And I would like my own partners to be satisfied, not humiliated or hurt. It seems to me his sexual identity could be violated and to some who are so desperate for money-- a somewhat despicable act. That's the real issue and the only one among the three that truly concerns me.

I like Thai boys and I want them to be happy.
I disagree that roles define masculinity. I have had very few "relationships" in Thailand, but the most happy was when I lived with a boy named "M". He was 100% masculine/straight, well endowed, and was a great person. He tried being a bottom to please me and he liked it and that became the norm. It was not humiliating, but rather an act of intimacy. Today he is married with 2 children.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

fountainhall wrote: Some on another forum spend a lot of time confirming they will only top straight guys - and they love it!
If that's the case, then maybe this isn't such a misconception after all.
Undaunted wrote: I disagree that roles define masculinity. I have had very few "relationships" in Thailand, but the most happy was when I lived with a boy named "M". He was 100% masculine/straight, well endowed, and was a great person. He tried being a bottom to please me and he liked it and that became the norm. It was not humiliating, but rather an act of intimacy. Today he is married with 2 children.
There are tops and bottoms and versatile. You cannot say today you are bottom when yesterday you said you were top. This puts it in the category of "versatile."

The opening post read like a statistical poll. You were in a healthy relationship, Undaunted, as it had morphed into something more beautiful. My reaction was not aimed at you personally. I have a keen appreciation for your past comments about male behavior and beauty . . . speaking of which . . .

Masculinity, as in beauty, lies in the eye of the beholder.

--

I do have one more to add to your list, Undaunted. If roles cannot define masculinity, perhaps another common misconception is that masculinity can be defined by appearances. If that were the case, then how would one assess the virtues of the young man in this image? This is actually a part of Vogue Magazine's new spring collection for 2018.

windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Thaiworthy, most likely that model hated the thought of wearing such a ridiculous outfit but a job is a job is a job.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

undaunted, I agree with you, too speculative to make assumptions.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Thaiworthy I think I saw an Asian version of that pic in Winner :!: