How Addicted to Thailand are you?

Dodger

How Addicted to Thailand are you?

Post by Dodger »

North Korea just launched another missile and we could be on the verge of WW III and all I seem to be worried about lately is my connecting flight in Seoul in 3 weeks on my return to Thailand. The lives of tens of thousand's of people could be at stake and all I am thinking about is how pissed off I'm going to be if my flight gets canceled.

I've always considered myself to be a person of substance, but admittedly, Thailand has altered my priorities in life. So much in fact, that I pray at night that there won't be a war before September 24th. I know...that's sick...but it's the truth.
Bob

Re: How Addicted to Thailand are you?

Post by Bob »

Dodger wrote: I've always considered myself to be a person of substance, but admittedly, Thailand has altered my priorities in life. So much in fact, that I pray at night that there won't be a war before September 24th. I know...that's sick...but it's the truth.
Hope you're right....I'm flying through Seoul next Saturday (if, of course, it's still there....).
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I wouldn't worry, Dodger. You'll make it in one piece, I'm sure. But as for getting back to the US . . . that might just prove to be more of a problem ;)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:But as for getting back to the US . . . that might just prove to be more of a problem ;)
If that happens, what better place to be stuck than Thailand . . . ?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger I couldn't care less about N.Korea as for an addiction to Thailand after living here for many years and seeing so many changes I can say I am used to Thailand but not addicted. I no longer go to Bangkok as I consider the scene there finished and yes I like Nice Boys in Sunee and 2 bars there and if Sunee lasts 2 more years it will be a miracle, Boystown has become a tourist trap and Jomtien Complex is really for fem boy lovers (Yuck). This Friday I will be making my third trip to Phnom Penh with the intention of looking at housing options.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Undaunted wrote:" ... and Jomtien Complex is really for fem boy lovers (Yuck) ... "
I have good friends living in Jomtien and travel there to hang out with them on average about 3-4 times a year. I usually stay at The Venue and thus walk around the complex every day/night.
My observation regarding Jomtien Complex is quite different from the attached quote ... to my eye the place is packed with a wide variety of 'types'-of -desire from tiny scrawny fem types (your language), to Bad Boys, to Good (masculine) Boys, to boy-next-door etc etc. To add to that appeal, the complex is also home to a very large population: more than in Sunnee, more than Soi Twilight in general, thus the diversity. And the Complex has been getting better and better as the years go by.
The only thing the complex is without is GoGo ... and who knows the future.
(Havent been to Boyztown in years, so cannot say anything about that.)

Regarding "addicted" ... that's not a word-description I would use. I guess I'd be more inclined to just say I love living here, it's warts and all.

PS ... why is this topic in the Everything Else Forum? Surely this is a Thailand Forum kind of story written all over.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Smiles the point is moot as you are the occasional tourist and I live here.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Smiles wrote:PS ... why is this topic in the Everything Else Forum? Surely this is a Thailand Forum kind of story written all over.
Maybe because this topic is supposed to be about traveling to and from Thailand via Korea during this dangerous time of threat. The topic seems to have morphed into a debate as to the types of boys to be found in Jomtien Complex.

So, before I start insisting that the topic return to its original intent, I do live here and my observation about Jomtien Complex is the bars are absolutely not all filled with fem boys. I don't know where that idea is coming from. There are all types of boys in the Jomtien Complex bars.

As always, debating about it is absurd. The thing to do is to go to Jomtien Complex, check out the bars, and see for yourselves.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

fountainhall wrote:I wouldn't worry, Dodger. You'll make it in one piece, I'm sure. But as for getting back to the US . . . that might just prove to be more of a problem
I've got one foot on a banana peel and the other one into retirement now so that would work for me.

Undaunted: It's more than just "the scene" over there that keeps me coming back. It's the "life" I have over there that keeps me coming back.

A fun morning for me here in Chicago is when the pigeons don't shit in the coffee cup I have with me on the balcony...or when Armando, my Puerto Rican neighbor was too drunk the night before to find the volume control on his 50,000 watt stereo to blast the song "Maria" from West Side Story so loud the walls shake like he does every Saturday night when he's drunk and lonely...and of course when the sun is shining versus freezing my balls off when that fucking arctic wind comes blasting off Lake Michigan and I have to start knocking 5 foot icicles from the top of my balcony with a broom forming lethal projectiles threatening the pedestrians below. Of course there's always the internet to keep me entertained when I want to get a glimpse of a cute Asian boy with his clothes off. As far as that, life over here is just honky dory.

In Thailand I wake up (Bang Saray) to the sound of birds chirping and the vision of waves splashing along the shores of the Bay of Siam...and the sight of my boyfriend standing half-naked in the kitchen pondering what to cook for breakfast...and then deciding if I would rather take a stroll along the ocean...enjoy an early-morning dip in the pool...or just give him a hand (or two) in the kitchen. If any of this starts to give me a sense of boredom I can always call one of my relatives back here in Chicago and ask them how their day is going.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

" ... I've got one foot on a banana peel ... "

... and then there's always Trump. Don't forget Trump, along with the bird shit.
My guess is that he's getting close to that banana peel himself. So maybe better to stay in Chicago for the party.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )