Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 499 times

#381 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:18 pm

firecat69 wrote:They can't drink but they can by these killing machines.

At least they can't drink too, not that they would have any problem getting their hands on all the liquor they want - along with the drugs.

Someone would have to go an awfully long way to satisfactorily explain to me what an 18 year old, any 18 year old, needs with an assault rifle. Or what anyone, no matter what age, other than police and military, need with assault rifles.

39 times police had to be called about this Nikolas Cruz. 39 times. And yet he just walks into a gun shop and walks out with an assault rifle. Talk about an "I Don't Get It" list . . .

firecat69
Been liked: 40 times

#382 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:40 pm

I just watched the students in Florida do an interview on Face the Nation about their planning for a National March on Washington MARCH 24 . I am awestruck by their maturity and their plans. It is not online yet and if I find it I will post it.

They just might be able to be the start of something big!

firecat69

#383 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:20 am

I found it. The students are near the beginning of the show.

Captain Kirk
Been liked: 27 times

#384 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Captain Kirk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:36 am

firecat69 wrote:I say again where are the Mothers. They changed drunk driving forever , they can do the same for military weapons and it starts by throwing out the crooked politicians that allow it to happen!

Slightly different argument as pretty much everybody accepts you shouldn't be allowed to drive drunk but millions will argue to keep gun laws as they are. Throw out the crooked politicians? There is the chance to do that every four years but the electorate seem quite happy with the crooks they have, otherwise they wouldn't vote for them.

firecat69

#385 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:28 am

Different yes but 90% of the population want better background checks including 85% of the NRA members. 75% support a ban on assault weapons or at the minimum some limitations. 95% support that someone on the no fly list cannot buy a gun! But the congress members who are on the NRA payroll don't care.

Also you might say everyone accepts that you shouldn't be allowed to drive drunk but they were drinking and driving drunk .Only when MADD came along was pressure not only put on politicians but on Bar Owners and things changed.

Anyone that watches these kids has to be impressed. I hope they blow the door off of Washington when they march on March 24. Then we'll see how the crooks in the Congress stand up. Yes and that also includes plenty of Democrats.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#386 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:23 am

firecat69 wrote:I am awestruck by their maturity and their plans.

So am I. Thank you for posting that video.

If any of those kids were eligible to run for president, in a race between them and the fabulous Donald Trump, guess who would get my vote.

Some finally are doing something - and it turns out to be the children themselves. I think this time they're not going to let this incident just fade away like most of the previous incidents. They're going to DO something and I, for one, am behind them 100%.

You know who is truly going to make 'America Great Again"? They are.

Up2u
Liked: 220 times
Been liked: 75 times

#387 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:25 am

If you listen to the talking heads on Fox (reminder, Fake News = FN = Fox News) it's like they are living in another world. No collision but the investigation is still ongoing.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/201 ... ter-rs.cnn

firecat69

#388 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:49 am

The only legitimates news shows affiliated with Fox IMHO are Fox News Sunday and Shepard Smith on FNC. The rest are basically right wing hacks like RUSH, only interested in making money!

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#389 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 am

Political scientists rank Trump last, Lincoln first in presidential greatness survey

By Andrew Dunn, CNN

February 19, 2018

Washington (CNN) - Former Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan enjoyed upward bumps in their greatness rankings, while President Donald Trump was ranked historically low, according to a presidential "greatness" survey released Monday.

The 2018 Presidents and Executive Politics Presidential Greatness Survey, released Monday, was based on 170 usable responses from current and former members of the American Political Science Association's presidents and executive politics section.

The survey asked the presidential experts to use a 0-100 scale "for overall greatness," with zero being failure, 50 being average and 100 being great. Roughly 57% of the respondents were Democrats, 13% were Republicans and 27% were independents (3% selected "Other").

Overall, Trump came in dead last. The seven greatest presidents, according to respondents, remained unchanged from the same survey's results in 2014, the previous time it was taken. In order, they were Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, Harry S. Truman and Dwight Eisenhower.

Trump did not fare well even when parsing the results by party and ideology. He ranked 40th out of 44 among Republicans and conservatives.
Self-identified Republicans and conservatives also ranked Washington above Lincoln as the all-time greatest president.

Among all those surveyed, another commander-in-chief who struggled in his rank: Bill Clinton, who fell to 13th best after being ranked eighth in 2014.

Obama came in eighth, up 10 spots from 18th in 2014. George W. Bush moved up five spots, from 35th to 30th. Reagan also moved into the top 10, ranking ninth. In 2014, he was at 11.

Political science professors Brandon Rottinghaus of the University of Houston and Justin S. Vaughn of Boise State University authored and published the survey.

https://us.cnn.com/2018/02/19/politics/ ... index.html

Dodger
Liked: 9 times
Been liked: 120 times

#390 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Dodger » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:28 pm

firecat69 wrote:I just watched the students in Florida do an interview on Face the Nation about their planning for a National March on Washington MARCH 24 . I am awestruck by their maturity and their plans.

Same with me.

The young students I've been listening to during the myriad of TV interviews going on are, by far, more articulate and intelligent sounding than even those doing the interviewing. Of course we've all been listening to Trump for the last year with his 5th grade vocabulary which I guess I take into consideration.

One young boy who appeared to be 12-14 years old told a CNN reporter that he would like to know how much money Trump received from the NRA - because that could only be the reason that the laws are not getting changed. Brilliant statement...left the reporter speechless.

Return to “Everything Else”