Been liked: 499 times

#361 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:45 pm

firecat69
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 40 times

#362 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Up2u wrote:".... our thoughts and prayers..." are with the people who have suffered in Florida, say the politicians who have been bought off by the NRA(3 million dollars in Rubio's case). What a bunch of crap. Politicians can't even pass simple bump stock regulations because of the NRA. And of course, zero leadership from the White House.

Could not agree More!

Up2u
Liked: 220 times
Been liked: 75 times

#363 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:17 am

So much for Trump's claim there was no Russian meddling.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/politics ... index.html

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#364 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:04 am

Up2u wrote:So much for Trump's claim there was no Russian meddling.

Anyone surprised?

And back to the school shooting, Trump is in Florida. According to the article, this was not an unscheduled trip.

CNN wrote:Trump's visit to Florida was not a last-minute add to his schedule; he'd been planning to spend the weekend at his Mar-a-Lago estate, some 40 miles from Parkland

I find it particularly noteworthy that Trump visited the wounded victims in the hospital and visited the sheriff's office, but did not meet with any of the parents whose children were killed. He probably knew damned well what kind of reception he would get, especially from the vocal, outraged mother.

Enjoy your weekend at Mar-a-Lago, Mr. President. I'm sure you will, while you and Rubio are pretending to truly, really, give a damn about what happened.

I don't believe Congress will do a thing as long as NRA funds their campaigns and some crazed nut who manages to get his hands on assault weapons isn't shooting at their children. Anybody have any doubts about the position Marco Rubio will take on gun control legislation? And anybody have any doubts, if a miracle occurs and Congress actually passes effective gun control legislation, whether Trump will sign it into law or will veto it?

See: https://us.cnn.com/2018/02/16/politics/ ... index.html

puan
Liked: 22 times
Been liked: 26 times

#365 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby puan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:31 am

QUESTION:
In USA, what is easier than buying an assault weapon?

ANSWER:
Buying a GOP congressman. (Just ask the NRA)

Captain Kirk
Been liked: 27 times

#366 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Captain Kirk » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:45 pm

This issue has echoes of the entire pro / anti Trump argument. The opinions seem quite one sided but nonetheless Trump got elected and guns are easy to get in America. In the case of Trump, people had the power to stop that happening - they didn't. In the case of guns, people have the same power but choose to ignore it. Neither Democrats nor Republicans will make significant changes to gun laws yet the vast majority will vote for one or other.
If there was a referendum on banning guns in America which side would win?

firecat69
Been liked: 40 times

#367 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:49 pm

You don't need to ban guns because that will never happen due to the 2nd amendment. However the Supreme Court has spoken that the 2nd amendment does not allow you to have weapons of war and restrictions are allowed.

Unfortunately the decision then is with the states where the politicians are bought and paid for by the NRA.

What we need is some of the people who started MADD or their daughters ( Mothers against Drunk Driving) To take action and form Mothers against Assault Weapons MAAR.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#368 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:03 pm

firecat69 wrote:What we need is some of the people who started MADD or their daughters ( Mothers against Drunk Driving) To take action and form Mothers against Assault Weapons MAAR.

This week on Bill Maher's 'Real Time' show, he pointed out that this time just may be different. He said for the first time, students are speaking out about their safety in school and many are saying if politicians continue to support NRA and refuse to take action about gun control, they're getting close to voting age and are already wanting to start a grass roots campaign to vote these greedy politicians out of office and replace them with politicians who will take action about gun control.

I hope they succeed.

How would you like to be a student in a USA school and you can no longer be certain that when you go in the morning, you'll still be alive at the end of the school day.

Many schools are actually having lockdown drills and having students practice how to survive if a shooter comes to their school. What a way to have to live. When I was a kid in school, we had crawl under your desk drills to try to survive atom bomb attacks. Fortunately, that never happened. But shooters murdering kids in school? That's become so routine that seeing these incidents happen hardly comes as a shock or surprise anymore.

I doubt that this incident will be the last time. The only questions are when will the next one be, where, and how many will be killed, wounded, and traumatized.

"A well regulated militia . . ." Well, how about start regulating?

I love the cliché, "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." I wonder how many 'people could kill people' if these nut cases couldn't get their hands on guns in the first place.

Up2u
Liked: 220 times
Been liked: 75 times

#369 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:41 pm

Gun control and regulation will be debated by this Congress but nothing of importance will happen. We have a President who can't even say the word "gun" in his "thoughts and prayers" condolence message. An important step in the right direction would be the the ban on assault rifles (wishful thinking).
The Parkland tragedy and now the Russian meddling charges just show the ineptitude of the WH and the dereliction of duty of the President in protecting us from a foreign adversary and our democracy. Clearly, this is no "witchhunt" and I am confident Mueller will get to the truth. I believe Putin and the Russians must have something on Trump to explain his actions (or inactions).

Captain Kirk
Been liked: 27 times

#370 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Captain Kirk » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:35 am

You can't blame Trump for Russian meddling in the election, he wasn't President UNTIL the election was over. If the 2nd amendment is the problem then CHANGE IT!

Return to “Everything Else”