Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

fountainhall
Liked: 79 times
Been liked: 238 times

#191 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:45 am

Last night Alec Baldwin picked up an Emmy for his SNL appearances as the Trump. Nice monolgue from Stephen Colbert. Here's part -

But if we’re honest with ourselves, and as artists, I think we have to be honest with ourselves. We know that the biggest TV star of the last year is Donald Trump. Yeah. No, you may not like it but he’s the biggest star. You know, and Alec Baldwin, obviously, you know.

[APPLAUSE]

You guys are neck and neck. And Alec, you’re up against a lot of neck. And however you feel about the president, and you do feel about the president, you can’t deny that every show was influenced by Donald Trump in some way. All the late night shows, obviously.

“House Of Cards,” the new season of “American Horror Story,” and of course next year’s Latin Grammys hosted by Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Muy Caliente.

[LAUGHTER]

And we all know the Emmys mean a lot to Donald Trump. Because he was nominated multiple times for “Celebrity Apprentice” but he never won. Why didn’t you give him an Emmy? I tell you this. If he had won an Emmy, I bet he wouldn’t have run for president. So in a way this is all your fault.

I thought you people loved morally compromised antiheroes. You like Walter White. He’s just Walter Much Whiter. And he never forgave you and he never will. The president has complained repeatedly that the Emmys are rigged. He even went after the host a few years back tweeting, that “Seth Meyers is hosting the Emmy Awards is a total joke. He is very awkward with almost no talent. Marbles in his mouth.” Wow, marbles in his mouth. That’s harsh.

[LAUGHTER]

That’s quite an accusation, any response, Seth?

::CUTS TO SETH MEYERS IN THE AUDIENCE WITH MARBLES FALLING OUT OF HIS MOUTH::

[LAUGHTER]

And even during the campaign, Trump would not let it go. This actually happened. This exchange actually happened in the debate.

::CUTS TO VIDEO OF HILLARY CLINTON AND MR. TRUMP AT A PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE::

CLINTON: There was even a time when he didn’t get an Emmy for his TV program three years in a row and he started tweeting that the Emmys were rigged again.

TRUMP: Should have gotten it.

::END TAPE::

COLBERT: But he didn’t. Because unlike the presidency, Emmys go to the winner of the popular vote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/17/arts ... wards.html

Smiles
Liked: 39 times
Been liked: 85 times

#192 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Smiles » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:18 am

Trump will go ballistic when he discovers this Emmy. He's hated Baldwin with a passion so deep it would take two or three bulldozers to keep him from tweeting all about it. What a cry baby this so-called President is.

And this moron is about to lecture the UN General Assembly this very day. :lol:
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Smiles
Liked: 39 times
Been liked: 85 times

#193 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Smiles » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Smiles wrote:" ... And this moron is about to lecture the UN General Assembly this very day. :lol: ..."

... and that went well. Basically ready to burn an entire country (plus inhabitants) to the ground. Just because he can ...

What a compleat LOSER is this here Prez.
Jesus F Christ ... can anyone show me something, anything that could be at all construed as even tiny-like "intelligent"?
Anyone! Anyone!!

What is TravelerJim thinking now?

fountainhall

#194 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:37 am

Trump's rhetoric about destroying 25+ million people went down like the lead balloon it deserved. He knows it would start World War 3 and he would be condemned for all time alongside Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot and history's other genocidal bastards. The problem for Trump is that baby Kim is used to this sort of rhetoric and he, his father and grandfather used it most of the time. Trump just hates being 'trumped'!

fountainhall

#195 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:15 am

The President of Afghanistan is one who actually admires Trump. His secret for getting on with the spoiled baby? "Communicate everything in two minutes." Trump clearly suffers from attention span deficit!

fountainhall

#196 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:49 pm

It emerged yesterday that Tump has again been engaging in fake facts - facts which this time could eventually have consequences. He tweeted that Iran had just successfully tested a ballistic missile capable of reaching Israel. Fact is - there was no such missile launch - none at all. He was basing his tweet on ancient news that dates back to January about an unsuccessful launch.

Does no-ne in his administration realise that making allegations of this nature can be very dangerous for international diplomacy. Calling Kim "Rocket Man" is one thing. False accusations against Iran is quite a different matter.

Up2u
Liked: 192 times
Been liked: 71 times

#197 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:25 am

Let's give Trump credit, he fired Price (okay, arguably not for the right reasons).

Tom Price broke Trump's cardinal rule: Never get bad headlines for the boss
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/29/politics/ ... index.html

Captain Kirk
Been liked: 15 times

#198 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Captain Kirk » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:13 am

Guys, as much as I agree that Trump is a moron, the wee prick in NK is practically begging for a war. If it did all kick off in that direction I wouldn't blame Trump for it.

Brooklyn Bridge
Been liked: 5 times

#199 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Brooklyn Bridge » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:55 pm

I would. But we might not be around to cast blame.

Doug
Liked: 17 times
Been liked: 17 times

#200 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Doug » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:20 am

This is from Cher's twitter page. Love it!

https://twitter.com/cher/status/915462440028012545

Return to “Everything Else”