Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Smiles
Liked: 39 times
Been liked: 85 times

#181 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Smiles » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:10 pm

painai2 wrote:The hat Trump wore is available on his website for 40 dollars.

For a baseball cap? This is worse than I thought. An even better deal, for Trump.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

fountainhall
Liked: 79 times
Been liked: 238 times

#182 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:52 am

Late last night I made a big mistake.

I left the television on as Mike Pence was making a speech at Rockport. He was preceded by Billy Graham's son who ended with a prayer, the governor of Texas who ended with a prayer and then followed by Mrs. Pence - whose only contribution was also to say a prayer. Each prayer "thanked" God for all manner of joys and benefits. And I sat there thinking - is this the same God who heaped such massive misery and devastation on millions and $150 billion+ in damages? Hearing all the interjections of Glory! Amen! and so forth, I couldn't help thinking if these folk just had more faith and had prayed a lot harder as the hurricane was brewing, perhaps their God would have turned it around and sent it off to North Korea!

Captain Kirk
Been liked: 15 times

#183 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Captain Kirk » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:32 pm

fountainhall wrote:perhaps their God would have turned it around and sent it off to North Korea!

No no, these disasters are caused by people, gays and fornicators and foetus killers and the like. GOD clears up the mess they make and saves those who are worthy.

Smiles
Liked: 39 times
Been liked: 85 times

#184 Remember the false news about Trump's hands ...

Postby Smiles » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:29 pm

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is special-ordering a pair of “tiny handcuffs,” an F.B.I. spokesman confirmed on Wednesday.
The spokesman, Harland Dorrinson, downplayed the significance of the handcuff purchase, calling it “strictly routine.”
“In reviewing our inventory of handcuffs, we found that we only had models that fit normal-sized hands,” Dorrinson said. “This order is intended to remedy that.”
The F.B.I. spokesperson said that, if regulation-sized handcuffs were used on a suspect with “extremely small or tiny hands,” the suspect could slip out of them and elude capture.
“That’s the scenario we’re trying to avoid with these minuscule handcuffs,” he said.
Dorrinson would not speculate when the special-ordered pair of microscopic handcuffs might be used, but he added that the F.B.I. expects to receive them “by the end of the day at the very latest.”
“If by chance we need to apprehend someone with abnormally small, mouse-sized hands, we will be ready,” he said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... -handcuffs

Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

fountainhall

#185 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:36 pm

I was prepared to give Trump s thumbs up for most of what he did in Texas yesterday. I felt he had been properly briefed and carried out the brief extremely well. He gave the right amount of sympathy, hugged babies, posed for selfies and added the right amount of encouragement to the first responders.

And then I read this headline in today's Observer.

Trump's push to quit South Korea trade pact would mark latest swerve in region on edge

Apparently he had asked his aides to prepare for a US withdrawal from the trade pact with South Korea and their internal preparations are close to being finalised! Is this man totally nuts?

Withdrawal from the 2007 trade deal (known as Korus) with one of Washington’s closest allies in Asia would be only the latest of a series of zig-zagging interventions by Trump amid the looming nuclear missile crisis that have caused bewilderment and alarm in the region.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ile-crisis

If timing is everything, this man hasn't the faintest clue! Get the nukes on stand-by!

fountainhall

#186 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:45 pm

This is a fun poke at Trump a la opera (apologies to Rossini) which seems to be going viral.

fountainhall

#187 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:26 am

Oh dear! With hurricanes hogging all the news cycles, Trump has rather faded into the background. But, folks, HE'S BACK! He's yet again trying to convince the public that the Nazis and other hate groups at Charlottesville had some good people amongst them whilst those demonstrating against these vile people also had some bad people. The idiot just will not let go.

Several media outlets have also reported on a slanging match between Trump and his Chief of Staff "superb" (Trump's word) John Kelly. Kelly was so infuriated,

he later told other White House staff members that he had never been spoken to like that during 35 years of serving his country. In the future, he said, he would not abide such treatment, according to three people familiar with the exchange.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/us/p ... trump.html

And daughter Trump has all but confirmed that she is merely a de-fanged figurehead piece of window dressing quite unable to influence her father.

Ivanka Trump believes liberals are harboring “unrealistic expectations” of what they can expect from her as a moderating influence on her father’s presidency.

The comments came in an interview with the Financial Times, published on Thursday.

Trump said: “Some people have created unrealistic expectations of what they expect from me. That my presence, in and of itself, would carry so much weight with my father that he would abandon his core values and the agenda that the American people voted for when they elected him. It’s not going to happen. To those critics, shy of turning my father into a liberal, I’d be a failure to them.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... presidency

So what is this flakehead doing in the White House? Yes, she's an intelligent woman but she's now made it clear she is merely an appendage of her father's destructive and divisive Presidency.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 424 times

#188 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:48 am

Trump says travel ban 'should be far larger'

by Brian Bennett, Los Angeles Times

President Trump signaled he would like his controversial travel ban expanded, writing on Twitter on Friday that his ban on travelers from several Muslim-majority countries "should be far larger, tougher and more specific" but complaining that enlarging it would not be "politically correct."

Trump wrote the tweet in response to news of an explosion in London on an underground train during morning rush hour. British authorities said they were treating the incident as a terrorist act.

Trump went further than British officials and said the perpetrators were "in the sights" of Scotland Yard investigators before the attack. There is no public evidence to support this claim.

In what seemed to be a response to Trump's tweet, London Metropolitan Police said in a statement, "any speculation is extremely unhelpful at this time."

Later Friday morning Trump called the London attack "a terrible thing," while he was in the Rose Garden watching an 11-year-old boy from Falls Church, Va., mow the White House lawn.

“It keeps going and going, and we have to be very smart and we have to be very, very tough—perhaps we’re not nearly tough enough,” he said in response to a question from a reporter.

Trump said he had been briefed on the London attack, and said he had been told about "new risks of things happening."

Trump has a chance to widen the travel ban later this month.

The 90-day ban is set to expire on Sept. 24, and Department of Homeland Security officials are considering whether to expand the ban to other countries, keep it the same, or take countries off the list.

Trump administration officials are also reviewing what new vetting procedures for travelers should be put into place, including requiring visa applicants from some countries to submit to checks of their social media accounts. Trump has called similar procedures "extreme vetting."

Currently, foreign nationals are banned from six countries — Iran, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya and Yemen. Iraq was dropped from the banned countries list in March in exchange for accepting Iraqi nationals being deported from the U.S.

Refugees without close ties to the U.S. are also barred entry until Oct. 24 under the ban.

Trump administration officials issued a revised travel ban in March that was designed to resolve the legal problems that had led to Trump's original order being blocked in January. The Supreme Court is set to hear a challenge next month of the revised ban.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washing ... story.html

fountainhall

#189 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:12 am

In his first tweet following the London subway attack, Trump gave away what may be confidential intelligence information - speculation gleaned from Fox News. So he has yet again created an international incident. That is more than disgraceful for once again it puts at threat the close intelligence sharing between the two countries. As bad is his implied criticism of Scotland Yard. This fits a pattern. Remember his criticism of London's popularly elected Mayor? No wonder his state visit to the UK has been postponed indefinitely. He will be welcomed in Britain with mass demonstrations.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 424 times

#190 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:31 am

fountainhall wrote:He will be welcomed in Britain with mass demonstrations.

Assuming he will be welcomed at all.

Return to “Everything Else”