Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Up2u
Liked: 206 times
Been liked: 73 times

#311 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:40 am

One major consequence of Trump's election affecting American expats is the weak dollar. Trump talked down the dollar during and after the election and continues today. The only American president that I recall that publicly wants a weak currency. The USD-THB was pushing 35 around election time and today it is hovering just above 32 and forecast to continue to weaken.

https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/USDTHB:CUR

haim

#312 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby haim » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:07 am

firecat69 wrote: 2nd the first bracket is a joke. Nobody pays any income tax in that bracket and thus will see no savings .

Also if you look carefully at some of those tax brackets , you will see at the higher end of the bracket you will now slip into the next bracket where at most you will save 1% if you are lucky and don't have a big mortgage , live in a state where all taxes especially property taxes fare exceed the joke standard deduction even when doubled.

Are there some winners ? Maybe . We will have to wait and see how much their medical costs go up and in some states how much money they will use in real estate value because of lack of deducting interest , real estate taxes, income taxes and medical expenses etc.

The one thing we are sure of, pigs like Trump and and the rest of the wealthy class along with corporations get 82% of the cuts and the next move if those crooks stay in charge will be to attack SS, Medicare , Medicaid etc.

You simply do not understand how the taxes are calculated. When you calculate your own tax, initial earnings are calculated according to corresponding (lower) brackets. Hence, changes in all brackets below your own (positively) effect your own taxes. Any tax decrease on corporations
means automatic decrease to PE (price to earnings) ratio which means that the price of the stock should go up. Also, repatriation of funds kept by US corporations abroad will lead (as history shows) to buy backs of their own stocks (by some estimates 450 billion dollars will be used for this purpose) which again will be positive for stock prices. Similarly, repatriation of offshore funds will maintain the value of US dollar. A lot of benefits for people participating in stock market. And if you so much care about others, why not to mention bonuses already given to workers by various corporations already as a result of tax cut?

firecat69
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

#313 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:37 pm

So much ridiculous comment here, it is hard to know where to start.

Corporations like Walmart try to make themselves look good by saying they are raising minimum wage to $11 but fail to mention they are firing thousands of workers with no notice at Sams Club.

Trump and the people who support him crow about jobs created but somehow fail to mention the Idiot Trump created 240,000 less jobs in 2017 then Obama did in 2016.

Trump likes to crow about the stock market when prior to him becoming President he said the Stock Market meant nothing of course that was when the stock market climbed for 7 straight years under Obama.

They also fail to mention that less then 50% of the population have any money in the stock market and of that 50%, 90% have less then $12,000 invested. Oh and by the way 50% of stocks are owned by foreigners and the increases help nobody in the USA.

He faked stupid people in W Virginia and Kentucky into believing he would bring back coal and steel jobs. He has brought back nothing!

And all that said the worst thing is he is a bigoted, racist pig with and IQ of a 12 year old

Oh and by the way I am retired and have comfortable income from SS and dividends.. Trump and the crooked Republicans who drafted this tax bill might save me enough for a couple of Pizzas and since at my age I have no interest in taking risks in the stock market this last year has been a very modest boost to my portfolio. Luckily I did quite well under the 8 years of Obama where the stock market was on a continuous increase day by day for 7 years.

Hopefully we won't be able to compare Dump because he will not be re-elected even if he survives jail.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Been liked: 475 times

#314 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:55 pm

firecat69 wrote:IQ of a 12 year old

That's encouraging. Until your post, I didn't know his IQ had so significantly improved . . .

fountainhall
Liked: 109 times
Been liked: 295 times

#315 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 pm

So the Dump wants to encourage Norwegians to live in the USA. I wonder why any would even dream of it, given that the average income of Norwegians as a percentage of GDP is a great deal higher than their poorer cousins in the USA. Another international fact of which the increasingly isolated leader of the free world is apparently clueless!

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Been liked: 475 times

#316 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Now the great Donald Trump is denying having made the shithole comment and, of course, denying the other derogatory comments. The Democrats are just making it up, he says. More fake news?

I believe Trump. Don't you? After all, would a man who talks about pussy grabbing ever make such comments? Never in a million years. How could anyone think such a thing . . . ?

fountainhall

#317 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:50 pm

I wonder how many times Trump has actually stated something categorically only later to issue a total denial. It is mindblowingy obvious the guy has a pea brain for I seem to recall it is now well over 1,000, if not pretty close to 2,000. It reminds me of the joke told by some wit about Bush 43 which suggested he didn’t know what denial meant. Bush was adamant. “Of course I do. It’s a river in Egypt!”

fountainhall

#318 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:12 am

Today's Observer in the UK has a scathing Editorial on Trump.

Day after tumultuous day since 20 January 2017, Trump has provided fresh evidence of his unfitness for America’s highest office.

It is not only that his politics and policies, from tax cuts and climate change to Palestine and nuclear weapons, are disastrously wrong-headed. It is not just that his idea of leadership is divisive, confrontational and irresponsible. Nor does the problem lie solely with his blatant racism, misogyny and chauvinism, though these are indeed massive problems.

His latest foul-mouthed outrage – describing developing countries as “shitholes” – is appalling even by his crude standards.

The fundamental failing underlying Trump’s presidency is his wilful ignorance. His frequently petulant, childish behaviour combines with a staggering lack of knowledge and contempt for facts to produce serial, chronic misjudgments. Trump, in power, cannot be trusted. He has been exposed as lacking in empathy, shamelessly mendacious, cynical and unversed or uninterested in the enduring human and constitutional values his office is sworn to uphold. Trump is the first and hopefully the last of his kind: an anti-American president. He is a disgrace and a danger to his country. The sooner he is sent packing, the better.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... nald-trump

I trust those who still believe Trump is the best thing since sliced bread will sooner rather than later realise that this is the view now being held by most countries around the world. The man is a joke of a President. America used to be proud to be the world leader, a beacon of freedom and democracy. The world still needs America, but it needs an America led by a man or woman who understands the world - not by a lying, sycophantic, narcissistic, incoherent bully.

windwalker
Liked: 121 times
Been liked: 51 times

#319 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby windwalker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:46 pm

firecat69 wrote:And all that said the worst thing is he is a bigoted, racist pig with and IQ of a 12 year old

Some 12 year olds have very high IQs. For example, Nicole Barr, a 12-year-old from Essex in England just scored a 162 on her Mensa IQ test — that's two points higher than what Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking scored. ;)

firecat69
Been liked: 24 times

#320 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:36 am

My mistake I should have said 1 day old!

Return to “Everything Else”