Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

firecat69
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

#261 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:28 pm

FH you fail to admit that the Economic Miracle that was supposedly created by the Communists was actually created by Capitalists . First as you have stated by Hong Kong which once was as far from Mainland China as you can get. They provided the initial steps for the Communists to make their Economic Miracle. And when Hong Kong was returned to Chinese Rule , most of those Capitalists fled to the West.

I hate agreeing with Trump on anything but I grew up watching our politicians and wealthy donors sell out the USA and in many ways mainly responsible for the Chinese Economic Miracle. We certainly never needed China. The USA created its own economic miracle and the world envied us.

Then someone thought it would be great to let the Chinese, who basically had no economy, use their billion plus citizens to make cheap goods and export them. I grew up in that era in the USA and during that time travelled all over the world and watched as we allowed China to steal our intellectual property and then supposedly create something on their own. I watched the growth of Walmart because of Chinese cheap labor and so many other examples. By the way, to this day I have never spent 1 cent in Walmart.

You mention China sells cars to Iran. Hooray for them. Iran would not be caught dead buying cars from China except that no one else in the world will sell to them. Let me know when Xi rides in a car created and built by China without the theft of the intellectual property .

They are going into Space. They are 50 years behind the US and once again they stole everything that allows them to begin a space program.

The Chinese are wonderful thieves and with the help of stupid politicians of the West have created an Economic Miracle which I salute them for.

The US imports almost nothing from China that we did not create and build ourselves at one time. And along the way we did not kill our citizens with tanks, or throw them into jail without trials or control the media. Yes and we have had many problems that we created because of slavery etc.

The proof is in the pudding. The wealthy class of Chinese citizens continue to move their money to the West where they can flee to if need be from the Ruling Class of the Communist Party. They could not wait to buy Visas from Trumps crooked administration, by moving Billions to the USA. They sink Billions into property in the USA and deposits in Western Banks to protect themselves from the Ruling Class of China.

Let me know the next time US citizens move Billions of their own money into safe harbor of Communist Chinese Banks.

Finally I will admit that I have visited China only once and long before the Economic Miracle they have created and which I salute. I fully recognize that the average Chinese Citizen is much better off economically than 75 years ago. But IMHO their actual rights as citizens have not gotten one bit better. They only have the rights that the rules of the Communist party says they have. Speak out or complain and be thrown in jail and have your assets seized. A civilization of thousands of years and yet still no individual rights guaranteed to them.

fountainhall
Liked: 75 times
Been liked: 231 times

#262 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:28 pm

firecat69 wrote:You mention China sells cars to Iran. Hooray for them . Iran would not be caught dead buying cars from China except that no one else in the world will sell to them.

I will only respond to a non-China issue. Again you make assumptions and I'm sorry but again you are wrong. The diary of my two weeks in Iran was no doubt overlong. Had you read it, though, you would have noted that the most popular car in Iran these days is the Peugeot from France. Almost every fourth car I saw - and I saw many thousands of them in the cities and in our drive of over 1,800 kms - were Peugeots. You would also have noted that the next most popular cars are Hyundai and Kia models. Not old ones - new ones. And I added I also saw Volvos and Mercedes. I also noted that Samsung TVs are everywhere and that virtually every restaurant and cafe has Coca Cola, Pepsi and even Heinz ketchup. To suggest that no-one sells to Iran other than China is a totally false claim.

PS: Just noticed that you made a comment on my Iran posts. So presumably read them!

firecat69

#263 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:59 pm

I don't doubt what you just said but you are making my case for me. Even Iran does not want the Chinese cars if they can afford Peugeot. Please name 1 thing made in China that the world rushes to buy. Yes they manufacture parts of what other countries create but what do they create themselves. Yes they use their cheap labor to manufacture steel . Certainly the US never needed China to manufacture steel. They were the biggest steel producers in history until trade was started with China that allowed them to dump their cheap steel for building by crooks like Trump.

Certainly the US is responsible for creating the situation that now exists where good paying jobs left the country to go to cheap labor countries like China.

In reality there has been no benefit to the US of allowing the Chinese to produce these goods , but it has been largely responsible for the success of China with the help of many other Western Countries.

I will admit to speed reading your Iran post so it never really sunk in that even Iran would prefer not to buy Chinese autos if they could buy from France.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Been liked: 414 times

#264 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Trump's speech to South Korean Parliament

firecat69

#265 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:45 pm

The bigger news is the rejection of Trump in Virginia not only in the Major Races but across the Board Republicans who held gerrymandered seats were wiped out in Virginia. Same in NJ. Maine voters voted for the expansion of Medicare against the Republicans.

Turnout was unbelievable and women stood up. I think this may be the start of women doing what they did with MADD and start to force changes in Gun Laws and tell the NRA they will no longer stand for people being able to buy machine guns and mow down their children.

Republicans have no chance now of passing their TAX Cut for the Rich . Republican House Members will start announcing their retirements next year and the Democrats will have every chance to take back the House and impeach the Dope that we have to call Mr. President.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#266 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:13 pm

firecat69 wrote:the Democrats will have every chance to take back the House and impeach the Dope that we have to call Mr. President.

I think you are absolutely right about all you wrote. However, even if Trump is successfully impeached, convicted, and removed from office, the next problem would be President Pence.

If that happens, I hope by then the Republicans will have been so weakened that a President Pence will be totally ineffective and just marking time in office until someone actually deserving of the presidency can be elected to office.

Even if Trump is able to serve out his term, I can only hope he stands no chance of being reelected if he runs again. There is no way to know how long it will take to repair the damage he already has done to the USA - and he has not even been in office for a full year yet.

As for a grass roots rising to do something sensible about gun control, I hope that happens, but I fear a much higher body count before it does. Do you realize the Columbine High School massacre is no longer among the top 10 mass shooting body counts? It is not even a question if another gun nut mass shooting will occur. The only questions are when and where.

When these shootings happen, is anyone really all that surprised and shocked anymore? I believe the typical reaction now to such news is, "What, again?" The words we all too often hear, "How many more people have to die before something is done?" have, by sheer number of incidents, become a cliché.

Only 2 years, 11 months, and 24 days to go until the next presidential election . . .

firecat69

#267 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:39 pm

The thing that does not get covered are the races for Mayors and state legislatures where the Democrats upset Republicans across the Board.

Exit polls show Health Care followed by Guns are the most important things in the voters minds. Republicans have already started to change their tax bill realizing they have no chance of punishing people who live in NY, NJ, CA, IL etc by not allowing state taxes as a deduction.

The next few weeks will be interesting to see how Republicans react and whether they want to compromise and get results or get run out of office in 2018.

Up2u
Liked: 187 times
Been liked: 70 times

#268 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Example of Trump tax plan.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#269 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Up2u wrote:Example of Trump tax plan.

The good news is it appears that this wonderful, fabulous tax plan - you know, the one that's going to help the poor and middle income population so much - is not going to pass.

And I, for one, would never vote for any congressman or senator who would vote in favor of it.

Up2u
Liked: 187 times
Been liked: 70 times

#270 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:51 pm

There are good parts to the plan. The concept is simplicity, trading personal exemptions and deductions for a higher deduction threshold and lower tax rates which sound good. But it will be difficult (like universal health care and Obamacare debate) to pass the plan once special interest groups do a number on it.

Return to “Everything Else”