Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Up2u
Liked: 206 times
Been liked: 73 times

#301 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:55 pm

My personal exemption (single) plus standard deduction under the old law totaled 11,900 so the new 12,000 deduction is basically a wash. For me, the new tax rate will be 22% (down from 25%), a little over 13% savings, or about 1500. These savings will decrease over the years. The reality is Medicare is government funded and the Republicans (and Ryan) have their hatchet ready. Even under the old law my meager social security increase was nearly wiped out by Medicare increases for 2018. Take pity on the poor souls who need social services to survive (i.e., Medicaid).

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 474 times

#302 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:40 pm

Up2u wrote:Take pity on the poor souls who need social services to survive (i.e., Medicaid).

I also take pity on those who are not multimillionaires, but are convinced the Republicans and Trump have done them any favors.

firecat69
Been liked: 24 times

#303 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:53 pm

First of all 1/3 of the population lives in high tax states and where prices of homes are higher and thus mortgage interest is high. Standard deductions don't apply and they are get royally screwed by this plan. 2nd the first bracket is a joke. Nobody pays any income tax in that bracket and thus will see no savings .

Also if you look carefully at some of those tax brackets , you will see at the higher end of the bracket you will now slip into the next bracket where at most you will save 1% if you are lucky and don't have a big mortgage , live in a state where all taxes especially property taxes fare exceed the joke standard deduction even when doubled.

Are there some winners ? Maybe . We will have to wait and see how much their medical costs go up and in some states how much money they will use in real estate value because of lack of deducting interest , real estate taxes, income taxes and medical expenses etc.

The one thing we are sure of, pigs like Trump and and the rest of the wealthy class along with corporations get 82% of the cuts and the next move if those crooks stay in charge will be to attack SS, Medicare , Medicaid etc.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#304 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:44 pm

Why anyone would want this mental case to be in a position of power, especially presidential power, goes so far beyond me that I find it difficult to even contemplate why Congress won't either impeach him, invoke the 25th Amendment, or both - before it's too late.

fountainhall
Liked: 108 times
Been liked: 294 times

#305 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:53 am

For the great businessman who was going to change America :lol: Trump has a curious way of choosing his colleagues. I once worked for the great Mark McCormack, who invented sports marketing and for decades was called the most powerful man in world sport. One of his maxims was that when you open up new markets and enter into new ventures, you hire people who know more than you. With his reaction to the revelations in the new book about Steve Bannon, he once again relegates someone he put into a position of power to the dust heap, joining that rapidly growing group he describes as near idiots who knew little and had little access to him.

Good on you, Donald! I don't know any top businessman who has lost so many in key positions in such a short space of time. McCormack also created a billion dollar company. Perhaps you should read one of McCormack's many books on business, this one aimed at the man in the street rather than executives - "Getting Results for Dummies". :lol: :lol:

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#306 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:11 am

fountainhall wrote:you hire people who know more than you.

I don't know how that could be possible for Trump. After all, no matter what it is, Trump knows more than everybody else who ever lived, probably including knowing more than Einstein . . .

fountainhall

#307 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:34 am

:roll: :roll: :roll:

firecat69
Been liked: 24 times

#308 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Trump can't read or digest it even if he read it. He could not get into University of Pennsylvania so he went to Fordham for 2 years until his father could buy him admission to the Ivy League school.

Amazing that no one ever asked for his grades . They had to be terrible or the jerk would have provided them .

How long will the Republicans stand for it? He is dragging them down and they don't seem to care. He is supposed to show up for a physical next week. What are the odds he fails to show up because too busy playing golf?

fountainhall

#309 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:03 pm

Love it! According to the new tell-all book, Trump's staff had a real problem when he first met President Xi of China. He couldn't pronounce his name! No matter how much coaching, he kept on saying it in two syllables "President X-I". Finally, one of his advisers found a route close to his heart. He should think of the Chinese President as a woman. "President She-e" he was told. He was then word perfect!

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#310 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:54 am

By now, I doubt anyone on the planet is unaware of Trump's "I'm a stable genius" comment.

Trump is not the only one in a national leadership position ever to refer to himself as a genius. That comment has precedent. According to one of his secretaries, she asked her boss, another man in a position of power, why he has no children. I don't remember the exact wording of the response she said she received, but the gist of it was "The son of a genius would be under too much pressure to be the same as his father."

Several years later, in an interview she said she was shocked to hear her boss refer to himself as a genius.

That secretary's name was Traudl Junge. Her boss's name - Adolf Hitler.

Return to “Everything Else”