Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Smiles
Liked: 39 times
Been liked: 84 times

#141 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Smiles » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:56 am

Joachim wrote:" ... citizens of two countries UK and Canada cannot stop bashing America. Think about it"

As for The Canadian here: I'm not bashing America, I'm bashing Trump (and to a certain extent the Nothing-But-Trumpers who voted for him).
Frankly, I believe the US and it's institutions are resilient enough and smart enough ~ sometime down the road ~ to either (1) hold their collective noses until 2020 when Trump will be wiped off the map, (2) or cheer when he is impeached, and (3) cheer even heartier when he resigns (i.e. in disgrace, "Pulling a Nixon"). And into the Dust Bin of History he will go ... America saving itself.

And you ~ the Flying Nun ~ will get it wrong once again. Your opinions are just that, opinions only: juvenile and sophomoric to boot.
Think about it ... :roll:
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

fountainhall
Liked: 75 times
Been liked: 231 times

#142 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:59 am

Joachim wrote:What I find fascinating about this thread is that citizens of two countries UK and Canada cannot stop bashing America.

Am I wrong in thinking that America has proclaimed itself the leader of the Free World for many decades now? Am I wrong in thinking that the proclaimed leader of the Free World and his policies that affect the rest of the world in general can not be mentioned by those living in that Free World? And am I wrong in thinking that the proclaimed leader of the Free World's chronic lying (witness yet more examples of his major altering of facts at the Nurnberg - oops, Phoenix - rally as I write) and his nauseating narcissism are subjects only to be commented on by US citizens?* That's utter nonsense! If you follow that line of argument, during World War 2 you believe Americans should have been prevented from even mentioning Churchill, Stalin and Hitler? And Pol Pot was a subject only for the Cambodians he was massacring by the millions?

If you wish to discuss Britain and Canada, I suggest you start a new thread.

* And by the way, that speech tonight was one of a man who is quite clearly either unhinged or very close to it. Yesterday when reading off the teleprompter he talked calmly about the need for love, peace and unity. Tonight was a rant, a speech of total division, pettiness personified, filled with absolute lies and . . . a disgrace!

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 414 times

#143 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:48 am

My list of everything I like about Donald Trump:

End of list

firecat69
Been liked: 9 times

#144 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Luckily I refused to watch it because I knew it would be a pathetic performance . He is isolating himself except for the morons who just want to go a rally.

It is over for him and the only question is, does he get impeached or come up with a rare disease that allows him to resign? He will continue to get nothing done and the Senate is about to turn on him.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#145 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:48 pm

firecat69 wrote:the only question is, does he get impeached or come up with a rare disease that allows him to resign?

The sooner we know the answer, the better.

The problem is still what happens next? Trump has many of us missing George Bush. I just hope Pence won't have us missing Trump.

fountainhall

#146 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:58 pm

Following Trump's rally speech, a tweet from Sir Peter Westmacott, British Ambassador to the USA from 2012 to 2016 -

Shades of 1933 Germany. And an invitation to autocrats w/o America's checks & balances to play the same game more dangerously. Leadership??

Dodger
Liked: 8 times
Been liked: 90 times

#147 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Dodger » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:26 am

Why Narcisissts are so Dangerous:

https://afternarcissisticabuse.wordpres ... dangerous/

A must read. Describes Trump to a T.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#148 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:24 am

Well, Mr. President - any clues yet as to what the problem is?

If a statue of Trump is ever to be erected, my suggestion for an appropriate place to display it would be either the Barnum & Baily Circus or Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Remember the movie, 'The Madness of King George' ? If they ever make another "The Madness of . . ." movie, guess who it is likely to be about.

fountainhall

#149 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:58 am

"The Madness of King George" was adapted by Alan Bennett from his play "The Madness of George III". The Hollywood moguls were afraid that audiences would think it was a sequel and wonder how they had missed parts I and II. So the title had to be changed. George, of course, not only loses his marbles, He loses the colony of America. Trump has already lost the marbles. Perhaps he is even running around the White House Corridors at night -

But what is the next thing he loses?

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#150 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:09 am

fountainhall wrote:Trump has already lost the marbles.

I'm wondering if he ever had any in the first place.

Return to “Everything Else”