I wonder how close the so-called Trump Administration is to having Sean Hannity being nominated to a top tier Secretary of a top tier cabinet portfolio, or -- even worse -- a non-cabinet job in the West Wing office next to Trump's . . . that is to say, he has Trump's private ear day in and day out? Hannity already dines with Trump regularly. Hannity kisses both of Trumps ass cheeks, and feet, on a regular basis. Hannity travels to Mar-a-Lago continually. Hannity has the (highly-watched) Fox News pulpit which spouts never-ending Trumpian nonsense every single day ... and nothing else. Hannity lies continually, with Trump being his one and only study. And Trump laps this egotistic gruel up as if it were the wine of Jesus' blood.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )
The Guardian today has an interesting article about how the Kushner company made substantial profits by lying - regularly - to City of New York officials. Basically he redeveloped buildings after falsifying documents claiming there were no sitting controlled tenants in them.
Housing Rights Initiative found the Kushner Companies filed at least 80 false applications for construction permits in 34 buildings across New York City from 2013 to 2016, all indicating there were no rent-regulated tenants. Tax documents show there were more than 300 rent-regulated units. Nearly all the permit applications were signed by a Kushner employee, sometimes the chief operating officer.
Had the Kushner Companies disclosed those rent-regulated tenants, it could have triggered stricter oversight by the city, including possibly unscheduled “sweeps” on site by inspectors to keep the company from harassing tenants . . . In Kushner buildings across the city, records show frequent complaints about construction early in the morning or late at night, improper or illegal construction, and work without a permit.
In recent days one company has emerged as a key element in the Trump campaign, Cambridge Analytica (CA ). I knew precious little about it apart from the fact that it is accused of harvesting the data of around 50 million Americans from Facebook pages for what seems to be entirely nefarious purposes. So it was fascinating to see an interview with the CA whistleblower, Christopher Wylie, and Don Lemon on CNN this morning. It just blew my mind! But I still was not clear about how it all related to Trump’s campaign.
The Guardian/Observer newspapers in the UK have been leading a major investigation, as has the New York Times. Last night Channel 4 in the UK aired an explosive expose which confirmed a lot of what the whistleblower had been alleging. A few points which I believe are fact – or fact as told by Wylie to investigators.
1. CA was set up for the express purpose of mining private information to sell to its clients which could then use it in major disinformation campaigns designed to change mindsets. Its parent company SCL, which specialises in disinformation campaigns in the developing world, is mostly owned by the Mercer family, a right-wing family of billionaires who support Trump.
2. It started out trawling for information from Facebook and other sources. It so happened that its offices in San Antonio were in the same building as Trump’s digital-based operations.
3. Soon, it was approached by a Researcher at Cambridge University in the UK, Aleksandr Kogan. (Ironically, Kogan at pne point changed his name to Dr. Spectre – from the James Bond series ¬ but then changed it back! He had some sort of deal with Facebook for access to its data and offered his assistance to CA. This made it far easier for CA to obtain masses more data from the Facebook database. Accordingly he was hired by CA.
4. Months before Trump declared his candidacy, several top Trump aides including Kushner, Lewandowski and Bannon visited the CA offices and paid millions of $$ for access to data. All have denied this but it seems the Trump organization or campaign team later paid more to CA for much more data.
5. Kogan was also an Associate Professor at St. Petersburg State University where, it just so happens, the headquarters of Russia’s disinformation campaigns happens to be based. In 2014, CA had made a pitch to Lukoil, Russia’s second largest oil company with direct links to the Kremlin. Its CEO, Vagit Alekperov is a former Soviet oil minister who has stated -
“I have only one task connected with politics, to help the country and the company. I’m not close to Mr Putin, but I treat him with great respect,” he told the New York Times.
That pitch had included a slide presentation focusing on election disruption as used by SCL and headed “Election: Innoculation” and other disinformation campaigns, “including posters and videos aimed at demoralizing voters, including warnings of violence and fraud.”
6. Alexander Nix, the Etonian head of CA, has denied his company has ever worked with Russia or any Russian organization, a statement now ridiculed and proven false, as was his statement to a UK Parliamentary committee earlier this year that the company never worked with Facebook! Facebook has also gone into a state of denial. Yet it must have been extremely obvious from its security protocols that an enormous amount of data was being pulled from its systems.
7. Steve Bannon had visited CA as early as the autumn of 2013. He was fascinated by what CA could achieve. Bannon believed in the Breitbart doctrine that politics is downstream from culture. Change the culture first and the politics follow. With Wylie he came up with new phrases like “fake news”, “deep state” and “drain the swamp”.
The basis of the above tale is told in condensed version in this short video prepared by The Guardian ¬– “All You Want to Know About Cambridge Analytica”
A longer video with the Cambridge Analytica whistleblower is here –
Ready forTHIS? Holocaust denier-Nazi is official Republican candidate for Illinois 3rd congressional district. _____________________________________________________________
Holocaust denier is officially the GOP nominee in Chicago-area House race
By Sophie Tatum, CNN
March 20, 2018
Washington (CNN) - A Holocaust denier is now officially the Republican nominee in a Chicago-area House race after running unopposed in Tuesday's primary.
Arthur Jones' campaign website includes a section titled "Holocaust?" and he has been involved with anti-Semitic and racist groups since the 1970s, according to the Anti-Defamation League.
The Illinois Republican Party denounced Jones' campaign earlier this year, saying there is "no place for Nazis like Arthur Jones" in the GOP or the country.
"The Illinois Republican Party and our country have no place for Nazis like Arthur Jones. We strongly oppose his racist views and his candidacy for any public office, including the 3rd Congressional District," Illinois Republican Party Chairman Tim Schneider said previously in a statement.
Jones will face off against the Democratic nominee in the 2018 midterm election to represent the solid blue district, where Rep. Dan Lipinski has held the seat for more than a decade. The 3rd District represents parts of Chicago and nearby suburbs, including La Grange and Western Springs. Lipinski, a blue-dog, anti-abortion Democrat, is up against Marie Newman, a political newcomer who had the support of several progressive groups and liberal lawmakers, including Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York and Bernie Sanders of Vermont.
Another race that attracted national attention for all the wrong reasons was in Illinois 5th Congressional district, where the so-called "cannabis candidate," Benjamin Thomas Wolf, lost his primary bid against incumbent US Rep. Mike Quigley,
In a campaign ad, Wolf smoked marijuana in front of an image of the American flag. That ad ran on Pornhub, among other places, making him the first US politician to advertise on a porn site.
Questions have been raised in several outlets, including the Chicago Tribune, about the truthfulness of his biography -- he called himself an "Iraq veteran" for the work he did in Iraq for the State Department -- and Politico reported earlier this month on abuse allegations made against him. A former girlfriend, who also interned for his campaign, accused Wolf of physically abusing her during their relationship in a Title IX complaint filed last year.
Wolf denied the allegations to CNN and was at one point granted a "stalking no contact" order against her in a Chicago county court. Wolf also told CNN he never misrepresented his credentials.
Trump puts penalties on China for Intellectual Property Theft!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day . China is the biggest thief in the history of the world of intellectual property.
But the Trade penalties are probably not the best way to deal with it. First $50 billion is a drop in the bucket compared to what they have already stolen and will hurt the US when China retaliates .
Cut the number of Chinese students allowed in the Country and monitor them anytime they are in a position to steal. If that does not work , kick them out permanently.
Truth is the Universities are equally responsible. They love the money that comes into the Universities because of exorbitant tuitions and of course no scholarships so the Ivy League schools etc make millions.