Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 422 times

#281 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Brooklyn Bridge wrote:The destruction of labor unions that began with Reagan has taken its toll.

Don't worry. Nothing to worry about at all. Trump will fix everything. After all, he's the most brilliant and best qualified person in the world. He is smarter and knows more than anyone else.

We know that to be true - he's told us that many, many times . . .

Captain Kirk
Been liked: 15 times

#282 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Captain Kirk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Gaybutton wrote:
firecat69 wrote:Do they really think we are stupid?

I believe that is exactly what they think. And considering who people elect to office, and then either through indifference or ignorance, support the worst the USA has to offer, thinking we are stupid sounds to me like the right way to describe it.

I beg to differ. Actually they believe we are too far down the evolutionary (financial) scale to give a toss what you or we think. They just want the money - and the power. They don't want a lot of it, they don't even want most of it, they want ALL of it.

Part of it is true though. People are stupid. We prove it every day we put up with it. Never mind wars against NK or IS or the likes. Have a war against billionaires. Quickest way to reset the planet.

Up2u
Liked: 191 times
Been liked: 71 times

#283 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:25 am

John Oliver, at about 5:15 he starts making three very good points.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#284 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 am

If "Trump Tax" passes:

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#285 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:16 am

Maybe - just maybe - at some point Congress will have the guts and integrity to initiate impeachment proceedings to get rid of that lying madman who currently occupies the White House. But they won't. There are too many people, for reasons that defy any semblance of logic, who still fanatically support Trump.

As far as I know, so far Trump has failed to successfully fulfill any of his campaign promises, but manages to make a fool of himself virtually every time he opens his mouth or submits a Tweet - and what the hell a President of the United States is doing writing Tweets at all goes beyond me.

This is making "America Great Again"? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Perhaps doing both would be at least somewhat satisfying.

Michael Flynn - Trump's former National Security Advisor - Pleads GUILTY to Lying to the FBI

Michael Flynn Pleads Guilty to Lying to the F.B.I. and Will Cooperate With Russia Inquiry

By Eileen Sullivan, Adam Goldman, and Michael D, Shear - The New York Times

DEC. 1, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, pleaded guilty on Friday to lying to the F.B.I. about conversations with the Russian ambassador last December, becoming the first senior White House official to pledge cooperation in the special counsel’s wide-ranging inquiry of election meddling.

Mr. Flynn’s pre-inauguration discussions with Sergey I. Kislyak, the Russian ambassador, were part of a coordinated effort by aides running Mr. Trump’s transition into the White House to create foreign policy before they were in power, documents released as part of Mr. Flynn’s plea agreement show. Their efforts undermined the existing policy of President Barack Obama and flouted a warning from a senior Obama administration official to stop meddling in foreign affairs until after the inauguration.

Court documents do not disclose what Mr. Trump knew about Mr. Flynn’s discussions. But in at least one instance, federal prosecutors say, Mr. Flynn was directed by a “very senior member” of the presidential transition team. Mr. Trump’s lawyers believe that unnamed aide was Mr. Trump’s son-in-law and close adviser, Jared Kushner, according to a lawyer briefed on the matter.

Full article: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/01/us/p ... ation.html

Up2u

#286 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:35 pm

"who still fanatically support Trump".... yep, too many Trump supporters, just listen to this guy with YouTube 27k subscribers.

Up2u

#287 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:56 pm

It's not final and the Republicans don't know what they voted for; and it still must be reconciled with the House version. I may personally pay less taxes(?) in the short term but this is a huge redistribution of wealth in the wrong direction. Pandora's box has been opened and expect huge Democratic gains next year.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/politics/ ... index.html

Captain Kirk
Been liked: 15 times

#288 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Captain Kirk » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:33 am

Gaybutton wrote:If "Trump Tax" passes:

A timely intervention showing that my previous post was quite correct. To reiterate, ".....they want ALL of the money".

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#289 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:36 am

Captain Kirk wrote:To reiterate, ".....they want ALL of the money".

And with the pieces of utter garbage presently running the show in the USA, they're going to get it.

Maple
Been liked: 20 times

#290 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - Forbes 400

Postby Maple » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:31 pm

A Tax Law For The Forbes 400

"Think of the twin tax bills as the Forbes 400 Tax Forgiveness Act of 2017. The official analyses by Congressional experts show that over the next decade everyone making less than $75,000 a year will pay more tax so that the super-rich can pay much less." The author of this analysis is David Cay Johnston. In late 2016, Johnston founded DC Report, an online journal covering the President Trump's administration and congress. On March 14, 2017, Johnston released a portion of Donald Trump's 2005 tax return. One of his best selling books is titled "Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense and Stick You With The Bill." The "Forbes 400" is a list published annually by Forbes magazine of the wealthiest 400 American residents; all 400 are multi-billionaires.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/tax-law-for ... f94006a688

Return to “Everything Else”