Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

firecat69
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 40 times

#451 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Gaybutton wrote:

One of the few people in the Trump Government that is at least competent. Too bad she does not understand her boss is an idiot and contradicted her with in hours.

No New Sanctions!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-halts- ... 00306.html

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Been liked: 499 times

#452 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:48 pm

firecat69 wrote:One of the few people in the Trump Government that is at least competent.

That means Trump will likely get around to firing her before long . . .

fountainhall
Liked: 121 times
Been liked: 315 times

#453 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:13 am

A young African American rushes at a shooter who has killed four people in a Nashville waffle restaurant. He grabs the red-hot rifle barrel and wrestles with the young gunman for more than a minute, finally seizing it and throwing it far from him. This young man could have died. He saved probably many lives. He was a hero. Should he be praised? Of course he should. He is an amazing example of a hero. But he is black and he is a Christian. So Trump can say nothing bad about him. So he chooses to tweet nothing at all. What a disgrace!

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#454 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:16 am

fountainhall wrote:So he chooses to tweet nothing at all. What a disgrace!

Trump also should have tweeted about this:

CNN wrote:The shooting raised questions about Reinking's previous law enforcement encounters, and whether his father should be charged for giving him guns when he was barred from possessing them.

Apparently the father is as much of a lunatic as is his son. If he knew his son has mental problems and knew he was barred from possessing them, but gave him guns anyway, then of course he should be charged.

If nothing else, Trump should be tweeting about gun control. Remember that "listening session" he held at the White House? Yes, Trump listened. He hasn't said or done anything since, other than listen, but this is what we have as President of the United States. Lucky us . . .

fountainhall

#455 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:35 pm

Surely this points up the madness of Trump and the NRA putting all their gun control eggs into the mental health basket. For all those actually diagnosed as having some sort of mental issues that should prevent them from getting their hands on a gun, how many tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands perhaps?) out there with a mental health issue will never make it on to official lists? Few, I expect. And so the killing will go on and on and on . . .

firecat69
Been liked: 40 times

#456 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby firecat69 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Although not getting a lot of headlines the kids from Florida and around the country,are continuing their campaign on changing gun laws. There is so much BS about Kim and idiot Trump that the news organizations have to cover the latest story.

However the kids are organizing town meetings all over the country when the Idiots from Congress return to their states. They are making sure the 18-22 year olds as well as millennial are registering and most importantly going to vote.

There are hundreds of candidates across the country who will campaign on background checks, restrictions on AR15's etc. I really think many battles will be won because the polls continue to say that over 70% want changes .

The 2nd amendment will never go away but there will be more restrictions and the Gun Lobby will have their influence reduced.

The kids are doing the same thing Mothers against Drunk Driving did and I believe they will win some battles this election and more in the future.

I will be rooting for them!

fountainhall

#457 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 am

Trump with children in the Oval Office at the White House's ‘Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work’ day.

Photo: Erik Lesser/EPA

US$S100 if you can spot the African American kid!

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#458 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:27 am

fountainhall wrote:US$S100 if you can spot the African American kid!

In the Trump White House?!?!?

About as much chance of that as spotting the Libyan or Somalian kid. I think you get to keep your money. When Trump thinks about the White House, I'd say he wants, as best as he can get away with, to give a whole new meaning to White House.

Gaybutton
Site Admin

#459 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:51 pm

I'm sure by now most have seen the reports about migrants flocking to the USA-Mexico border, demanding entry into the USA.

What makes these people think they are somehow entitled to enter the USA? I understand they are seeking a better life or even trying to escape repression, but I don't see how they apparently think they should be able to just walk into the USA.

Somebody please explain what I'm missing.

I don't believe in Trump's wall. I think that is ridiculous. But I do believe in strong border security and control. As much as these people may have very good reasons for wanting to get into the USA, The USA can't just open the gates and say, "Welcome folks. C'mon in."

Even if the USA did let them in, then what? At the very minimum they need food, clothing, sanitation, healthcare, a place to live, jobs, child care, a means of transportation, etc. Who pays for that?

Captain Kirk
Been liked: 27 times

#460 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Captain Kirk » Tue May 01, 2018 1:54 am

fountainhall wrote:Image
US$S100 if you can spot the African American kid!

Be fair, there appears to be a few kids of Asian origin.

Return to “Everything Else”