Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 424 times

#291 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - Forbes 400

Postby Gaybutton » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:05 pm

the wealthiest 400 American residents; all 400 are multi-billionaires.

Don't you feel sorry for them? They need a tax break. They don't already have enough money . . .

Up2u
Liked: 192 times
Been liked: 71 times

#292 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:47 am

Thank you Alabama. Now let real Republicans regain control of their party from Trump/Bannon!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/politics/ ... index.html

puan
Liked: 11 times
Been liked: 23 times

#293 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby puan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:20 am

Today's editorial from USA Today ..... https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 945947001/

Wow....strong stuff. USA Today is known for their "milk toast" editorials. So this is even more powerful coming from them.

I love the line from the editorial...
"A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W. Bush. "

Up2u
Liked: 192 times
Been liked: 71 times

#294 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Up2u » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:09 am

The House Republicans and Senate have apparently resolved their differences. I have used this calculator and my tax savings the first year apparently will be about 2%,diminishing each year until my taxes will actually change to a tax increase. Oh boy! S corporations and companies will have their tax bracket lowered from 35% to 21%.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/13/politics/ ... index.html

fountainhall
Liked: 79 times
Been liked: 238 times

#295 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Another Republican pastor/legislator bites the dust - literally. He kills himself after allegations of sexual abuse.

Dan Johnson, a Republican state lawmaker in Kentucky who refused to resign after allegations that he sexually assaulted a teenage girl in the basement of his home, apparently killed himself Wednesday night.

The Bullitt County sheriff, Donnie Tinnell, said Johnson shot himself on a bridge in Mount Washington, Kentucky. Tinnell confirmed the death to WDRB-TV in Louisville.

Johnson, 57, was elected to the state legislature in 2016, part of a wave of Republican victories that gave the GOP control of the Kentucky house of representatives for the first time in nearly 100 years. He won his election despite Republican leaders urging him to drop out of the race after racist Facebook posts he made came to light. One compared Barack and Michelle Obama to monkeys.

The pastor of Heart of Fire church in Louisville, Johnson sponsored a number of bills having to do with religious liberty and teaching the Bible in public schools. But he was mostly out of the spotlight until Monday, when the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting published an account from a woman saying Johnson sexually assaulted her in the basement of his home in 2013.

At the time, the woman told police about the incident, who investigated but closed the case and did not file charges.

On Tuesday, Johnson held a news conference in the pulpit of his church, which he began by leading friends and family in singing a portion of the Christmas carol O Come All Ye Faithful. He said the allegations against him were “totally false” and that they were part of a nationwide strategy of defeating conservative Republicans. He referenced the former Republican US Senate candidate Roy Moore, who faces accusations of sexual misconduct from multiple women.

Shortly before 5pm Wednesday, Johnson posted a message on his Facebook page that asked people to care for his wife. He wrote that post-traumatic stress disorder “is a sickness that will take my life, I cannot handle it any longer. It has won this life, BUT HEAVEN IS MY HOME.” The post appears to have been removed.

The sexual assault accusations against Johnson were revealed as a sexual harassment scandal involving four other Republican lawmakers was unfolding at the state capitol. The former Republican house speaker Jeff Hoover resigned his leadership position after acknowledging he secretly settled a sexual harassment claim with a member of his staff. Three other lawmakers were involved in the settlement, and all lost their committee chairmanships.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... nson-death

When will these idiot perverts masquerading as men of God realise they will eventually be outed?

Return to “Everything Else”