Postby Gaybutton » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:39 am

Feel free to continue the discussion from "Consequences of Trump's Win - 3"

travelerjim

#2 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby travelerjim » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Fh...
I have said many times... As had President Trump
Let Obamacare implode completely...

It's a political nightmare for the gridlock in DC to grasp and solve.

Then there will be momentum and bipartisanship to create a viable solution.

That's exactly what I believe is happening now.

Tj

fountainhall
Liked: 78 times
Been liked: 238 times

#3 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:03 pm

travelerjim wrote:Fh...
I have said many times... As had President Trump
Let Obamacare implode completely.

Not what I've heard over the last two years. Replacing Obamacare has been at the core of the Trump and Republican agendas for all that time. When he had the Congressional Republicans over at the White House for a photo-op in March his speech contained nothing about letting Obamacare implode. His focus - but not his efforts, obviously - have been aimed solely at replacing Obamacare with a much better, cheaper "fantastic" scheme. And he has said that time after time after time . . .

travelerjim

#4 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby travelerjim » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:28 pm

Fh...
I have heard President Trump say many times ...
That it was politically smarter to let Obamacare implode completely rather than seek to fix it.... Nearly an impossible task to do.

It's a minefield of troubles for the politicians to solve.
Yet he and others have tried to repeal and replace it without success. It's very difficult to take away something government has given the people.

In spite of the fact that many people ...especially those in the middle class who are suffering greatly from having to pay significantly higher insurance premiums with high deductible in order to subsidize the Obamacare policies of those who are on Medicaid.

And the fact that many companies cut back employee work hours to less than 30 hours weekly rather than insuring the employees under Obamacare rules.

Tj

RichLB
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 25 times

#5 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby RichLB » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:54 pm

That it was politically smarter to let Obamacare implode completely rather than seek to fix it.... Nearly an impossible task to do.

Gee, I've never heard him say it was "politically" smarter to let Obamacare implode. Fixing it is not as difficult as the Trumpsters would like us to think. Doing so would require involvement with drug company profits and establishing a subsidy system to cover those in states when insurers have fled while penalizing companies those fleeing insurers. Of course, the final solution should (will?) be a single payer system.

fountainhall
Liked: 78 times
Been liked: 238 times

#6 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby fountainhall » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:18 pm

How about half a dozen or more examples?

Here's what he said from the White house just FIVE days ago -

President Trump again admonished Republican senators before their Tuesday vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act. "now is the time to keep your promise."

"For last seven years Republicans have been united in standing up for Obamacare's victims. They kept saying it over and over again, every Republican running for office promised immediate relief," said Mr. Trump in his White House remarks on Monday.

"So far, Senate Republicans have not done their job in ending the Obamacare nightmare."

He added, "We, as a party, must fulfill that promise to repeal and replace, what they've been saying for the past 7 years."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-healt ... e-updates/

2 years ago he said this he would

replace ObamaCare with “something terrific.”

At the same time he told 60 Minutes -

“I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”

He's what he said also on 60 Minutes on November 13 last year -

We're not going to have, like, a two-day period and we're not going to have a two-year period where there's nothing. It will be repealed and replaced. And we'll know. And it'll be great health care for much less money. So it'll be better health care, much better, for less money. Not a bad combination.

On April 2 he tweeted -

Anybody (especially Fake News media) who thinks that Repeal & Replace of ObamaCare is dead does not know the love and strength in R Party!

travelerjim

#7 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby travelerjim » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:40 pm

No more replies from me to you Fh ...

I have heard President Trump say many times that it would be politically easier to just let Obamacare implode.
In his first press conference on January 11, 2017

"Trump: Would be easier to let Obamacare implode
Wednesday, 11 Jan 2017 | 11:56 AM ET"

"At his first press conference since Election Day, President-elect Donald Trump answers questions about the repeal and replacement of Obamacare."

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/01/11/t ... plode.html

And I have heard him say it many times since.

Yes ...I have also heard him encourage Republicans to repeal and replace it. Trying to rally the votes.

Enjoy your weekend...

BTW...
Thankfully America does have President Trump for the next 3 1/2 years.

Tj

Pattayamale
Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

#8 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Pattayamale » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:00 pm

I am certain Trump said on many occasions, that on Day 1 he would repeal and replace the AHC act (now popularly called Obamacare). He promised that everyone would be covered at lower cost and it would be so easy to do. But the bill voted on and failed with the help of Republicans would have increased premiums by 20% and over 16 million Americans would not be covered.

To the point of "the fact that many companies cut back employee work hours to less than 30 hours weekly rather than insuring the employees..." is a perfect example of American companies greed now.

My question for people like Traveler Jim, who seem to favor repeal, "WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO PAY ALL THE HOSPITAL BILLS, DOCTORS' FEES, MEDICAL EQUIPMENT COSTS, AND PRESCRIPTION COSTS IF YOU HAD NO INSURANCE??" I know your answer would be the same as mine. NO!

I know I would not even come close. So why would anyone, lucky enough to have health insurance want to deny it to others?

Is it possible that some people just like to argue for the attention they may get and it gives them something to do?
Senator John McCain, Republican, in his last speech to the Senate a few days ago, said it well. Look it up on YouTube.
Pattayamale
Living happily

travelerjim

#9 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby travelerjim » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:17 pm

PM..
First...
By best wishes to you with your current health challenges

I have said many times I support Universal Healthcare for All Americans... Sadly it did not happen 7 years ago.
The American people were the losers and the politicians from both sides of the aisle were the ones bought off by the pharmaceutical, insurance, hospitals, doctors and lawyers lobbyists. Big. $$$$$$ Won out...

I'm also of the belief that President Trump should call together representative of both parties to draw a bipartisan legislation that would repair Obamacare.

Will that happen? Possibly if President Trump takes the lead and does it. The existing parties on their own are at gridlock.

The penalty imposed on small businesses of 50+ employers to either provide for health insurance for their employees who work 30 + hours weekly or face a $2,000 penalty per employee annually has been harmful to employees nationwide.

The 6.5 million Americans who have chosen to pay the 8
3 Billion dollars penalty tax wise for not having Obamacare health insurance is hurting them and there mostly of the middle class struggling financially.

There are many changes to Obamacare which must be made...
...Including tort reform,
...availability of purchase of health insurance across State lines,
...access to quality pharmaceutical products from Nations like Canada and India,
...availability of Health Savings Account savings for all Americans of all ages,
...access to purchase the healthcare policy which the buyer wishes to buy vs the Obamacare mandated coverages.
...The funding for high risk pools in states to care for those most afflicted by preexisting conditions. ....
And more...

Tj

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 422 times

#10 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 4

Postby Gaybutton » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:36 pm

travelerjim wrote:if President Trump takes the lead and does it.

That's quite a big IF.

Even if Trump's policies were favorable, there are two problems:

1. Fewer and fewer people see him as their idea of what would constitute a leader.
2. Trump has no idea how to actually implement his ideas. He's great at blaming everyone except himself, though.

Return to “Everything Else”