OMG! The Pilot asked his Passengers to Pray!

bing
Been liked: 4 times

#11 Re: OMG! The Pilot asked his Passengers to Pray!

Postby bing » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 pm

I have no idea about where the best plan would have been. I wonder what Sully Sullenberger would have done. However, in a time of stress, good decisions are important, but as one of my Jewish friends says often about prayers... It couldn't hurt. I say bravo for the airplane captain.

PeterUK
Liked: 33 times
Been liked: 82 times

#12 Re: OMG! The Pilot asked his Passengers to Pray!

Postby PeterUK » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:44 pm

I don't particularly like travelling by air and am hardly put at my ease by the presence of prayer rooms in airports. You don't get them in bus or train stations, do you? They say that air travel is the safest form but I bet you there are planes dropping out of the skies all the time and they just don't tell us about it... :shock:

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 424 times

#13 Re: OMG! The Pilot asked his Passengers to Pray!

Postby Gaybutton » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:28 pm

PeterUK wrote:I bet you there are planes dropping out of the skies all the time and they just don't tell us about it

That's right, but they do tell us about it. There is even an aeronautical term for it: landing . . .

fountainhall
Liked: 79 times
Been liked: 238 times

#14 Re: OMG! The Pilot asked his Passengers to Pray!

Postby fountainhall » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Noticed the other day that the excellent Qatar Airways has a notice on screens prior to take-off -

PASSENGERS WHO WISH TO PRAY ARE ASKED TO DO SO WHILST SITTING IN THEIR SEATS!

Good advice, I expect, as half a plane or so all getting up to face Mecca every few hours might play havoc with an aircraft's stability.

Return to “Everything Else”